Assistant Manager / Officer – Cargo Claims
Schenker (Thai) Ltd.
This position is responsible for handling, reviewing, and/or administering claims and insurance policies to ensure compliance of applicable rules and regulations and best interests of the company.
Also this position is to provide legal advisory ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks and executing assignments by following internal SOPs related to compliance, claims, insurance and contract managements.
- Handle all aspects of claims (Marine Cargo) i.e. from receipt of the notice of claims, review claims documentation, adjustment of claims as per contract and company standard trading conditions including recovery against 3rd parties etc.
- Verify, monitor and ensure accuracy and timely updates on claims registrations and reserves in internal claims system.
- Conduct analysis on claims damage and loss prevention (e.g. unusual large claims, high loss ratios, repeated occurrences, ambiguous contractual clauses)
- Act as Country Claim Coordinator and Country Cargo Damage & Loss Prevention coordinator with inter-branches within Thailand and as a focal point between Thailand and Overseas offices.
- Educate local claim coordinator in each branches and contracted supplier in accordance with the customer´s individual quality demands, claim handling and prevention by following internal procedures.
- Responsible for insurance policy quotations, verifying the quotation with the best cost and coverage and negotiating on items in the insurance policy and/or price when necessary.
- Support Product Management / Sales to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions as well as in compliance with company and country rules and regulations.
- Review various types of contracts following internal policy and guideline, identify risks, and provide solutions on how to prevent and/or mitigate the mentioned risks of the company.
- Participate in contract negotiation with customers to ensure company’s best interests while maintaining cordial relationships with customers.
- Implement and maintain procedures in compliance with internal SOPs and if needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures and risk management.
- Cooperate with external lawyers on transactions, litigation or dispute resolutions or other legal matters as well monitor ongoing cases and update the progress to relevant parties, including coordinating with external parties.
- Work with various functions to create awareness on company’s risk management and compliance policies.
- Other assignment from Risk Management & Compliance Manager
- Male or Female with Bachelor Degree in laws or any relevant fields
- At least 3 years working experience as an in-house claims handler or legal and/or risk management consultant preferrably in FF and Logistics business.
- Good knowledge in cargo claim, marine and non marine insurance, liability, International carriage laws, risk analysis and prevention
- Good English proficiency and knowledge on FF & logistics business
- Strong organisational, investigative, analytical and negotiation skills
- Self-initiative and ability to work under pressure with high commitment
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to travel independently
3388/54-61, 66-67 Sirinrat Building 16 th- 19 thFloor, Rama IV Road,
Klongton, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Tel : (+662) 269-6500 Ext. 6710 Mark “APPLICATION” on the envelope
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Schenker (Thai) Ltd.
Schenker (Thai) Ltd.
Schenker is one of the world’s largest freight forwarding and logistics companies with 66,000 employees in 2,000 offices throughout the world. Worldwide third party Sales are Euro 15.4 billion. Schenker belongs to the Deutshe Bahn Group with worldwide Sales of Euro 35 billion. Here in Thailand, there are 1,300 employees in 14 offices and 13 warehouses.