UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Admin/Finance Assistant (Supplier/Vendor Approver)
Position title: Admin/Finance Assistant (Supplier/Vendor Approver)
Department/office: CSG, GSSC, Global Shared Service Centre
Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract type:Local ICA Support
Contract level: LICA-3
Duration: Initial period of one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
Application period:14 November 2016 to 13 December 2016
Please apply directly through:https://gprs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=11272
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peacebuilding contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure and global reach means we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background information- Admin/Finance Assistant (Supplier/Vendor)
Under the guidance of the Transactional Functions Team Lead and with direct reference to UNOPS Finance Group, the supplier/vendorapprover supports the provision of financial services in CSG, Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) by reviewing and approving supplier/vendor profiles while ensuring supplier/vendor and banking information are accurately entered and complies with UNOPS’ Financial Rules and Regulations and Supplier Management Guidelines.
A: Supplier/Vendor Approval for designated Regional Offices by reviewing submitted supplier registration form for correctness:
- Ensures there is no double entry of the supplier/vendor information in the ERP system.
- Ensures that banking details are correctly entered as per Supplierregistration form submitted.
- Verifies the sequences and codes of international and local banks.
- Responsible for approving according to UNOPS Treasury’s procedures and advices for supplier/vendor banking detail setup.
- Accountable for keeping proper control of the supporting documentation in accordance with UNOPS Financial Regulations and Rules, policies and guidance notes as per Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provides guidance and support to personnel on the processes, procedures and regulations on supplier management in relation to having the supplier approved.
B: Supplier Management related to
- Participate in a clean-up exercise to reduce duplicate and obsolete Supplier IDs in ERP system (oneUNOPS) Including duplicate supplier names, addresses, and banking details.
- Overseeing third party entries are limited and according to FRR.
- Participate in structuring a common filing system for the supplier ID forms for the improvement of retrieving information on all supplier information.
- Suggests improvement to the oneUNOPS supplier module where appropriate.
C: Final Product
- Approved supplier profiles within 24 hrs. from correctly submitted supplier requests
- Good data quality of supplier information in ERP/oneUNOPS supplier module.
- No back-log by end of contract period.
- Receipt Accrual reports kept on file and followed up with UNOPS offices and units on outstanding cases.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and under pressure
- Good knowledge of international and UN accounting practices.
- Previous successful involvement in an accounting or finance position within the UN system would be an asset.
- Previous working experience with Agresso system would be an asset.
- Strong planning, organizing and analytical skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform standard administrative activities related to UNOPS project operations
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS procurement procedures
- Strong IT skills; knowledge of Agresso
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Education : Secondary Education is required. Bachelor degree or equivalent in accounting, financial management or related fields would be an asset.
Experience : A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in accounting, financial management or related fields relevant to the above details.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 3
Contract duration: Initial period of one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET).
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.