CanCan (Thailand) Limited
CanCan enpowers brands & merchants to reach over 1.4m consumers, and enables mobile payments at point-of-sale in 47 countries.
FAST GROWING OPERATIONS
- We are looking for talented, ambitious, self-motivated colleagues in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Luxembourg and Shanghai
- Our payment network enables brands & merchants to increase sales in their most important markets
OVER 1 BILLION USERS
- We have partnered with global leaders Alipay, Ctrip, WeChat & LINE to give our clients access to nearly 1.5b users
DEEP POS INTEGRATION
- Our platform initiates & follows transactions to the last mile, and integrates Promotions, Payments & Analytics
- We enable our brand & merchant clients to push geo-located offers anywhere, anytime
The accounting director will be responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions of the Company, as well as managing daily reconciliation of transactions processed in our payment gateway and transaction statement accounts.
Monthly closing of P&L, balance sheet and cash flows required. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, compliance requirements and IFRS.
This position will report to the CFO with the potential to become a group role across the countries where the Company has corporate entities. The Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to hire and manage a team as the Company grows.
As a young but rapidly growing company in the very exciting fintech space, we value people with initiative, independent thinking, good character, an international outlook and the right attitude to learning and adjusting to different environments. We give freedom to our employees for learning and applying new concepts at work. There are no strict rules on how to do something, but only what needs to be achieved.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provides technical accounting IFRS guidance and support to all company entities.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and IFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Supervises the completion of tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Note that this will involve reporting for our Thai subsidiary as well as group companies in other territories, and we want someone who is eager to understand, learn and address reporting requirements in other key jurisdictions (such as China and the EU).
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by establishing critical measurements, designing systems, and working with platform development team identify requirement gaps, automate processes, and implement change.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting plus CPA certification
Prior Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of combined accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in banking, payment processing, or credit card industry
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting
- Consolidation experience with multiple business entities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Xero or similar cloud-based accounting package a plus
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and Thai
- Ability to read and write Chinese a plus, but not mandatory