About IBM Interactive Experience
We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM Interactive Experience, 2014 and 2015 Advertising Age’s largest digital agency network in the world. Ranked as digital strategy leaders by IDC in 2016. We are a next generation services company dedicated to creating transformative ideas that get our clients to the future first.
As Senior Frontend Developer you rapidly turn ideas into digital reality. You are comfortable engaging with client stakeholders, strategists and creative teams to workshop and define future digital experiences. You contribute your ideas and your deep insights of modern front-end technologies for web, mobile and other emerging channels. You are comfortable in a highly agile and iterative environment, and able to rapidly develop prototypes to showcase and validate the power of ideas. With your solid understanding of new and emerging digital technologies and devices you are comfortable guiding clients through front-end related technology decisions, taking into account their enterprise business and technology requirements. You interface with enterprise architects and delivery teams to shape, estimate, and define the programs that turn ideas and prototypes into fully functional systems.
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following technology capabilities:
- Appreciation of experience design and translating visual designs into code for engaging and beautiful digital experiences
- Agile design and development methodologies for Web, Mobile and other devices
- Front-end software technologies such as html5, css3, jQuery, Angular.js, node.js.
- Swift and native Android a plus.
- Developing and testing optimized code across multiple browsers, platforms and operating systems
- Developing for Search Engine Optimization
- Analytics solutions such as Google Analytics
This role also involves the following:
- Provide thought leadership to the business around innovative technology lead solutions
- Provide thought leadership to the team around new approaches, workflows and technologies.
- Knowledge of technology trends, including but not restricted to front end & back end technologies, Rapid Prototyping, Behavior Driven Development, trends in Social Networking/Media, Video and Streaming
- Own front-end technology related content and estimation in IBM responses to Requests for Information (RFI), responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), IBM contracts, and IBM Statements of Work.
- Execute interactive and outcome-driven workshops to capture & document client requirements and develop solution ideas
- Performs quality review of project deliverables. Leads work sessions and deliverable presentations with client team members.
- People Management: Mentors junior consultants, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams as appropriate.
- Competency: Recognized as an expert in their competency and/or specific offerings.
- iX Community: Participates in and/or is responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital. Participates actively in and in some cases leads knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Ability to accommodate extensive travel at times (50% - 60% or more)
- Teamplayer, client-facing, results-oriented, strong communicator, can-do attitude and comfortable working in a highly flexible, agile and collaborative environment
Bachelor or Master's Degree
- At least 5-8 years’ experience developing digital front end solutions
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.