SmartSearch & Services Company Limited was established – by a group of senior professional consultants who have extensive hands-on experienced within the industries they serve over 20 years. Smart Search consultants are trusted, by playing an integral role in our clients’ success. We’ve earned that trust by continually demonstrating integrity in how we conduct business and by maintaining the highest ethical standards in the executive search industry. Our clients rely on us to identify, assess and place the most suitable candidates using our time-tested research approachs. As their business needs have evolved, we’ve developed new and innovative business practices to address those changes. Smart Search professional consultants are committed to the success of both our clients and our candidates.
SmartSearch & Services Company Limited has a mission to meet our client’s executive placement through rigorous candidate screening process while assisting the candidate in landing a suitable position. Smart Search strives to fully understand the client’s industry-specific needs, organization, working environment, corporate culture and values- because Smart Search’s vision is to ensure a fruitful, long-term employment between our client and our candidate.
Trade Marketing Manager (OTC channel)
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001248641
Employer Ref. *BKK_Free
Location : Rama 4
Salary : 80- 120 K
Trade Channel Management is strategic to company profitable growth. Being able to translate our Brands’ strategies into initiatives that will effectively increase sell-out at Pharmacy level (and drugstores, chains…), and to customize these initiatives to some Trade Key Accounts (TKA) ensuring optimized ROI is a Key Success Factor for the Company. This is the role of Trade Marketing Managers.
Primary Job Function:
Develop actions to accelerate sell-out at pharmacy, optimizing channel mix, marketing tactics and ensuring Trade Customers performance and long term preference towards Abbott’s value proposition, taking into account Brands’ strategy, Trade customers’ needs and expectations, shoppers’ behavior understanding. Coordinate the different brand specific strategies into a consistent trade development strategies and plans per clients and/or channels.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Have a solid understanding of the Pharmacy landscape: different stakeholders, their market share, their needs and expectations
- Develop a deep understanding of the retailers’ purchasing criteria
- Study and understand the shoppers’ buying behavior at Point of Sales (POS): valid for Rx, OTx & OTC
- Combine your knowledge of the retailers’ and shoppers’ behavior and convert these into Trade Marketing Programs that deliver a solid ROI for company
- Play an active part with Brand Marketing Teams, understanding accurately the brands’ priorities, bringing to marketing teams documented field insights, pro-actively proposing initiatives to translate at Trade level the brands’ strategy
- Play an active part with Trade Key Account Managers (TKAM) and Retail Sales Managers (RSM), understanding their objectives and priorities
- Ensure alignment between Marketing and TKAM plans and pro-actively proposing actions to seize opportunities identified.
- Manage the Trade segmentation and targeting with Sales Teams.
- Understand the different product category strengths at POS: products and services, their contribution to retailers’ strategy, and convert these into growth opportunities for brands.
- Define and develop Trade Marketing strategies and tactics (such as merchandising initiatives, visibility tools, trainings, patient support programs..) to stimulate brands availability – visibility and recommendation
- Bridge brands’ strategy and customers’ needs, customizing these actions by customer segment and TKA when relevant.
- Build a Loyalty Program for strategic partner pharmacies as required.
- Formalize the Trade Marketing actions in a Trade Marketing Plan (TMP)
- Prepare for and attend key sales meetings.
- Establish effective working relationships across customers and functions to drive execution of strategies and tactics.
- Visit Trade Key Accounts with TKAM to engage them on Trade Marketing partnerships.
- Ensure the TMP execution and facilitate interactions with all in-field functions and marketing teams
- Monitor Trade Marketing execution at store level and measure ROI for all Trade Marketing Programs.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Sales & Marketing Directors, contributing to the Affiliate’s marketing and commercial strategy
- Strong collaboration with Brand Marketing and Retail Key Account Managers
- Must be able to work cross functionally with Field Sales Teams
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Ability to decode customer’s strategy, gather latent needs
- Ability to pro-actively screen for shoppers’ behavioral trends, drive appropriate studies to understand shopper’s behaviors in pharmacy
- Ability to develop competitive watch, benchmark competitors' strategy and provide insight
- Ability to document insights, propose pro-actively strategies to bridge brands’ strategy with Trade customer’s
- Ability to understand in depth Brand’s strategies and contribute to them
- Ability to translate the strategies into actionable and realistic engagement plans to ensure a profitable growth for company
- Ability to communicate Trade Marketing initiatives to internal teams (Field Teams, Marketing Teams) and to Customers’ Teams and ensure their commitment
- Ability to motivate, lead, coordinate in-field teams without having direct reporting lines to achieve account objectives
- Ability to reach consensus and resolve conflicts
- Ability to monitor performance and adapt plans to external and internal changes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall
- Knowledge of the Retail Pharmacy landscape, market share of key players, their needs and expectations
- Knowledge of the Trade Marketing drivers and knowing how to optimize them depending on the category, brand’s seasonality, lifecycle etc.
- Knowledge of the different product categories at pharmacy, understanding of the strategic interest for pharmacist of each category
- Knowledge about shopper marketing
- Knowledge of retail financial ratios, and the ability to use them
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required
- Business degree is preferable
- At least an intermediate English level.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- 3-5 years of Commercial/Sales Experience that involved working closely with customers to deliver results
- 3-5 years of Consumer Marketing/Trade Marketing that involved working closely with retailers
- Experience in Healthcare (OTC, BGx), Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and/or Retail
- Marketing and Trade Marketing skills – strong analytical skills (i.e., ROI calculation, forecasting and planning)
Interested candidates are invited to write in with full resume, stating present and expected salaries, and enclosing a recent photograph via APPLY NOW
SMART SEARCH & SERVICES COMPANY LIMITED
77/28 Sinnsathorn Tower FL11, Krungthonburi Road,
Klongtonsai, Klongsan, Bangkok 10600
Tel : 02-8623311 Fax : 02-8623313
Website : www.smartsearchthailand.com