Swim Coach (Part-time)
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001254930
The Swim Coach reports directly to Aquatics Director and is responsible as part of a team for the effective coaching of swimming. In particular, the Swim Coach will work closely with the rest of the Sport and Activities team to plan, deliver and evaluate swim coaching sessions in line with the Shrewsbury International School annual coaching plan.
The Swim coach should have the following qualities
- Hold a recognised swimming teaching or coaching qualification
- Hold or have the ability to gain within 6 weeks of employment a lifesaving qualification
- Be able to deliver swim coaching sessions to swimmers of all abilities
- Be available for all swim meets and time trials attended by Shrewsbury International School
- Have good English language skills in speaking and reading
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be conscientious, efficient and organised
- Participate in training and development
- Be a strong team player – good-natured, willing to learn and flexible in approach
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
- Attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
- Report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Whistleblowing Policy
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
- Seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- Satisfactory Thai Police Criminal Record check
- Confirmation of identity (Driving License / Passport/National ID card).
- Satisfactory references
- Verification of qualifications and work experience
How to Apply:
- Applications will be only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website under “Job Vacancies”.
- Please click on "Apply Now" button.
The application is preferably in English so please select the application for Thai National (English Version)
- Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Co., Ltd.
About Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Co., Ltd.
Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1600 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok. The teaching environments are spacious, fully equipped and dramatic. The school is readily accessed by road and has its own boats, which provide an easy and quick link to Bangkok’s Skytrain and the city centre. The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year, develops into a world-class educational partnership.