Supply Chain Manager - Thailand
Elanco Animal Health
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001213735
The Elanco Thailand Supply Chain Manager is the supply chain representative in the business who represents the knowledge and capability of supply chain principles and techniques that can be applied to a market to deliver product that meets the needs of the market. The role dictates both a strategic approach and a tactical support function. The role needs to integrate within the business and fully understand all the aspects of supply chain to help deliver change, answer questions and coordinate activities within a country. The role considers demand, supply and distribution opportunities within a country.
The focus is on communicating supply chain issues and opportunities into appropriate language and metrics for the business to be informed and make improved decisions.This role drives a foundation of strong S&OP processes within the affiliate through good facilitation of local S&OP meetings.
The primary customer for this role is the commercial Sales & Marketing affiliate leadership. Secondary customers are the manufacturing sites, CMO supply chain and Global Logistics organizations. Understanding all the supply chain aspects impacting a country; launch, product regulatory changes, manufacturing source changes, label changes, product growths and declines, inventory policy and regulations, good distribution practices, performance management, customer service, import/export, etc. will allow this individual to help coordinate site, CMO and central functions to meet the customer’s needs within a country. The role requires the Supply Chain Manager to also assess supply chain related gaps within a country and pull regional, project management and SME support into a country to drive improvements.
- Demand Management and local inventory replenishment.
- Understand the statements of demand and significant changes within the country.
- Understands life cycle management (including divestments and rationalizations) and status of all products within the country.
- Provide guidance to the affiliate Sales and Marketing team on improving their forecasting processes and performance by:
- Analyzing forecast against historical sales, business plan, special commercial projects and challenging the forecast numbers where appropriate.
- Utilizing key metrics results as leading indicators to identify opportunities for forecasting improvements.
- Providing education and training on Affiliate Sales and Operations Planning processes to all local participants of Affiliate S&OP Meeting
- Ensure new product launches within business / affiliate are aligned with global launch maps
- Works with business and site to establish minimum, maximum and safety stock targets for each item including management of short expiry, slow moving and projected obsolescence.
- Support OSSCE initiatives within the country where applicable
- Planning: understand the impact of manufacturing onto a country particularly source changes, regulatory changes, printed packaging changes, managed supply and ensure that these changes are incorporated in affiliate’s plans
- Understand the needs of the market and communicate supply chain design and distribution opportunities to improve the flexibility and response of manufacturing into the market. Communicate issues back to Regional Supply Chain Leader to determine methodology for resolution - project, six sigma effort, etc.
- Create a sense of credibility and effectiveness within the country that both strategic and tactical issues are brought to your attention for action plan and resolution.
- Facilitate Affiliate S&OP process and escalate issues and action plans to Regional S&OP. Cascade Regional and Executive S&OP Decisions within the affiliate.
- Participate in central/regional processes that impact the country: such as inventory targeting, business planning, launch, PCAPs, etc
- Drive and enforce the supply chain and distribution strategy for the country.
- Metrics: Provide a series of metrics that determine the overall health of the country from a supply chain perspective (including warehousing and distribution metrics) and also monitors significant projects or changes that impact supply , demand, warehousing and distribution efficiencies.
- Participate in every supply chain and logistics improvement/optimization project for the country as a key member of the design and implementation team or as the project leader.
- Ensure Supply Agreements are in place and valid for both internal and external suppliers including service providers.
- Achieve shipping delivery schedules including both inbound and outbound shipping
- Facilitate efficient custom clearance for all imports into Thailand.
- Monitor and improve service level and performance with suppliers and to the customers
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations (inbound, inventory, pick-&-pack, outbound)
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Social Sciences or related field from reputable university.
- Previous experience in supply chain, warehouse and distribution management
- CPIM certified (or working toward certification)
- Minimum 5-7 years of Supply Chain experience and have been in a Managerial role for 2 -3 years.
- Ideally, should have an established track record of significant Supply Chain exposure and solid training in a leading multi-national company.
How to apply? Interested applicants should submit your resume through "APPLY NOW" button or send your resume to me at:
Our address: Elanco Animal Health
A Division of Eli Lilly Asia, Inc. (Thailand Branch)
Bhiraj Tower at EmQuartier, 17th floor, 689 Sukhumvit Road,
Klongton Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Elanco Animal Health
About Elanco Animal Health
Elanco is a global, innovation-driven company that develops and markets products to improve animal health and protein production in more than 75 countries. Elanco, a division of Lilly, employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide with offices in more than 40 countries. Elanco is committed to protein production, companion animal health and food safety. Elanco products help the food industry produce an abundant supply of safe, nutritious and affordable food. Additionally, they enhance animal health, wellness and the human-pet bond. Elanco Companion Animal Health is leading the way in pet medicine, helping veterinarians help pets live longer, healthier, happier lives. Elanco Food Solutions markets food-safety products and services to the food animal industry. Elanco's global headquarters is in Greenfield, Indiana, USA, and is also the home of the United States business operations.
More Jobs from this employer