Staff Engineer - System Administration (Factories)
Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001214712
Employer Ref. Western Digital
Organization : Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Department Name : IT
Locations : Bangpa-in Ayutthaya, Thailand
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- To involve in the implementation, maintenance of servers system and application software
- Monitor server’s system performance and resource utilization (Windows, Linux and HP-Ux)
- To recommend solution to improve or enhance server system performance
- Ensure the daily operation of computer administration such as backups for Windows and Unix; report generation and computer equipment tracking are performed.
- To maintain and housekeep the Data Center.
- To support and implementation software and hardware upgrade as and when necessary.
- Ensure the safety aspects of the work area under his / her supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3-5 years system administration experience; SAN, NAS, DAS, DNS, IIS, AD, DHCP.
- Knowledge in operating system, windows platform, UNIX, Linux.
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Must be adaptable to working in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work after office hour and holiday.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidate, please go to Careers.wdc.com & follow below steps.
- Click 'new user' to create new account.
- Click 'access my profile' to fill in the application online.
- Upload CV, resume & other related document.
- Apply a job that you are interested by searching with position name or job code.
- Please ensure you’ve completed e-signature to submit job application officially.
For more opportunities at Western Digital (Thailand) please visit our website at www.wd.com
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Employer Ref.Western Digital
The power of data is undeniable—creating a world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal, enabling smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. At Western Digital, we believe in the promise of data. We’re redefining how the world keeps and leverages data. We power the technology and develop the solutions that transform the possibilities of data into reality. At every step, we innovate with purpose to deliver the possibilities of data.
Western Digital is the world’s largest data storage solutions provider. Our innovative storage solutions that provide customers with high capacity, flexibility and speed are at the heart of many of the world's largest data centers, and embedded in advanced smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Our consumer products are available at hundreds of thousands of retail stores worldwide. Whether marketed under the WD, HGST or SanDisk brands, our storage solutions power the markets and companies that shape our lives—enabling possibilities for the cloud, enterprise and sophisticated infrastructures everywhere.
Western Digital employs more than 70,000 people in locations worldwide, designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing our solutions for the data-driven world.
With headquarters in Irvine, California, Western Digital was established in 1970. The company’s Thailand organization, Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd, consists of two operations: its Hard Disk Drive Operations located in Prathumthani, Ayutthaya and Prachinburi provinces and its Magnetic Head Operations in Ayutthaya. Thailand is Western Digital’s largest manufacturing base, where the company employs more than 1,500 engineers and scientists, and over 28,000 workers in aggregate. Western Digital is committed to providing customers with reliable, high-performance storage products and superior support and services.