Software Developers – Finance IT Development
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001237188
- An application developer with a background in finance?
- Strong technically and hungry to learn new tools, languages and technologies?
- Looking to work for a fast-paced internet company?
- Based in Bangkok or interested in moving here?
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen. We love innovation and putting new technologies to work to extend our lead on the competition.
Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe. We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 65 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Agoda is looking for Software Developers to work on financial payment and reconciliation systems. These systems are the backbone of our company, ensuring that hotels get paid on time for each customer booking. We are currently expanding the team to create and scale these systems, and we're looking for experienced developers to come and join us.
What we are looking for
- You have 2+ years’ experience under your belt developing financial or other reliability-critical applications that run in a production environment.
- You write code that is well designed, testable and maintainable.
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills.
- You have deep experience in one or more of C#, C++ or Java.
- You have experience working with SQL and large data sets.
- You have great written and spoken English communication skills, and are happy working with developers, QA and business users.
If you have any experience or interest in the following it would be useful:
- The .NET/Microsoft development ecosystem
- NoSQL and caching solutions
- Web development frameworks
- Tools such as Git, Puppet and Jenkins
What we can offer
- Work for a profitable business with the atmosphere of a start-up.
- Work on interesting problems with a high degree of autonomy.
- Work as part of a team of experienced Scrum developers.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
This is a full time position working on site in our offices in downtown Bangkok, Thailand.
We are happy to receive CV from both international & local candidates as we offer relocation assistance and visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
About Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.