Sky Ranger Base in Khaokeiw, Chonburi Province
Tree Top Adventure Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001247275
Key job tasks/ duties/ responsibilities of Sky Ranger (SR) include, but are not limited to leading zip line tours, while being responsible for instructing and overseeing the progress of assigned customer groups through the zip line tour.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Always aware and committed to taking responsibility for the safety of fellow colleagues, guests and oneself at all times.
- All Sky Rangers must undergo intensive training and pass a written and practical exam to gain full employment.
- Supervise the work of any Assistant Guide or Trainee assigned to the group
- Conduct a complete inspection of all course components and all course gear when assigned
- Able to fit course gear correctly and supervise the use of all personal safety equipment
- Lead orientation and customer training sessions
- Clearly communicate safety procedures and guidelines to all guests
- Deliver tour presentation/education on ecology and natural history
- Model appropriate risk management through effective communication, accurate record-keeping, regular skill
- development, adherence to company operating procedures and guidelines, and on-course behavior
- Assist in course maintenance, customer service, and operation tasks when not leading tours
- Participate in regular staff development workshops and maintain proficiency in rescue skills and be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- SR must physically check equipment, for themselves and customers, each time before and during use.
- Report damaged or over worn equipment to the Safety Officer and Operations Manager.
- Sky Rangers are responsible for keeping on hand and in good working condition all gear allocated to them by the company, to include but is not limited to helmet, harness, guide double lanyard, 2 vertigo one hand carabiners, Petzl pulley, 3 locking carabiners, 3 spare prussic
- For additional information and more specific instructions and work process particulars, all operations staff should refer to the current Operations Manual.
Income & Wages:
Entry-level positions generally earn base salary plus tips and food allowance. Monthly wage is paid at the end of each month or by the 1st of the next month, in arrears. [Refer to FOTG Employee Handbook for further details]. Employees who work on site are eligible to receive tips from customers and may be required to split with team members, to the discretion of their immediate supervisor. FOTG does not guarantee tips.
All SR are required to assist with Maintenance work as part of their job description.
- Open communication and a willingness to give and receive feedback on performance are critical to the process in all positions of the organization.
- Must be prepared to work irregular hours and make themselves available throughout the week, as tours are offered seven days a week with departures scheduled throughout the day.
- During peak (high) season, employees can expect to work long hours.
- Our business requires that employees are alert and functioning at their best. As a result, FOTG participates in random drug testing and reserves the right to terminate any employee without notice for positive findings or a breach of safety procedure.
- Able to lift and carry 20 kilograms of weight and hike five kilometers per day.
- Able to handle demanding work schedule with long workweeks in a multi-task environment.
- Strong self-care skills; capable of working outdoors in adverse environmental conditions.
- Strong oral communication skills and a passion for working with people and maintain certification in the Fun Facts Education Program.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times and shall represent the company in a positive way.
Given this role, you will be working closely with top management to ensure you get the best training that will help you succeed. You will be required to support a highly motivated and successful team and also maintain high-level customer service!
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Tree Top Adventure Co., Ltd.
About Tree Top Adventure Co., Ltd.
Flight of the Gibbon was started in 2007 by a group of nature-loving friends inspired by the rescue and rehabilitation of a pair of sick gibbons they found abandoned in a locked cage in the northern Thailand rainforest. Today Flight of the Gibbon is a leading global eco-adventure tour operator and the number one eco-tourism attraction in Thailand, thrilling customers with spectacular rainforest ziplines that are the longest and highest in the world.
"Flight of the Gibbon connects people with Asia's nature, history and bygone stories while conserving nature and traditional livelihoods. Flight of the Gibbon is remembered as a once-in-a-lifetime experience with uniqueness, mystery and surprise that visitors taste, smell, see, hear and feel."