Senior Web Developer
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001218613
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer who is multi-skilled and dedicated to his craft, writes code to be proud of and can hit the ground running. We need you to write and edit PHP, MySQL and XML to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our websites in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of an ecommerce team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing website and application development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, launching and maintenance.
As well as managing and optimizing our existing websites and applications, you will be working on the development of new websites using the ExpressionEngine CMS, including integrations with 3rd party software and services. You will also be responsible for managing and improving the functionality of our payment gateways.
- Write “clean”, well designed and commented code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain websites, applications and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Maintain and monitor payment gateways, including problem diagnosis and solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 6+ years' hands on experience
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Working knowledge of Expression Engine CMS
- Working understanding of other projects such as Wordpress, Drupal, Magento, ACT-ON & Bitrix24.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new ideas
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stack, networking and server infrastructure
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. You may perform other duties as agreed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you are passionate about Programming and the web, creative, energetic, enthusiastic, enjoy challenges and have an interest in travel, then this could be the role for you.
Interested parties are invited to send their CVs, a covering letter with salary expectation in English and a current photo by clicking on “APPLY NOW”
22nd Floor, Smooth Life Tower
44 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Tel : +66 (0) 2633 9060 Fax : +66 (0) 2633 9070
Website : www.exotravel.com
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to EXO Travel
About EXO Travel
About EXO Travel
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT TRAVEL?
With over 20 years of operations in the region, EXO Travel is one of the longest established destination management companies in Asia and one of the best known. Today we have 21 offices and over 700 full-time staff working from our destination-based offices in Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, China and Malaysia. Our commitment to operating with the highest standards of service and professionalism as well as offering and executing unique and seamless travel experiences is the reason why EXO stands above the rest.
We fully recognize that our success is built on the quality of our people and we continually invest in training to ensure that we remain the leading company of its type in Asia. We are very fortunate to have so many talented and committed people in our company, each sharing a true passion for where they live and work. We are looking for an innovative and knowledgeable candidate to join our team in Bangkok.