Siam Modified Starch Co., Ltd. was established in 1985 as a joint venture among leading international organization.
Siam Modified Starch Co., Ltd. principle business activity involves the creation of value-added products from tapioca, utilizing local agricultural resources and through the application of modern technology. The company's modified tapioca starch, sold under the "Siam Modified Starch Co.,Ltd." brand, finds application in various industries sectors, particularly the Paper, Adhesive, Textile, Food industries and are used by customers in Thailand, Asia, Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for people to become part of our hard-working management team. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with the qualifications and experience of each candidate, along with ample opportunity for advancement within the company. Candidates selected will be remunerated with a wide range of fringe benefits.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001240237
- Responsible to conducting applied research and some fundamental research with an objective on developing new products or new modified starches for a wide range application such as in cement, paper, textile or food.
- Be able to create a new concept of using modified starch in an application.
- Be able to synthesize new modified starch derivatives suit to food and non-food applications.
- Be able to understand starch chemistry, starch product properties, and its functional uses in both food and nonfood application.
- Prepare all documents related to experiments, such as technical reports, experimental procedure, record form and SOPs.
- Working as a team in a cross-disciplinary research group is required.
- Male or Female, 30 years old up
- Master or Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Food Science or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of product development experience in food applications or industrial applications.
- Having experience working on modified starches, or hydrocolloids is plus.
- Strong knowledge of carbohydrate chemistry and characterization techniques is plus.
- Strong scientific background and technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very good command of English (both writing and oral communication)
- Good in computer literacy
- Able to travel 15-30% of working time (both oversea and local)
- Solid project management skills and proven ability to work cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required for formulation work.
- Proactive, energetic and passion to work for success
Location : Pathumthani
Salary range : 30,000 - 60,000 THB
Siam Modified Starch Co., Ltd.
38/6 Moo 11 Pathumthani-Ladlumkaew Road,
Ladlumkaew, Pathumthani 12140
Tel: 02-598-1123 Khun Wittaya # 1390 / Khun Kuludee # 1301
Website : www.smscor.com