Senior Project Planner
Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001235601
Purpose of role:
The Snr Project Planner is responsible for guiding the Project Core Team and Planners in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process. He or she either leads all planning & scheduling activities on the project or reports to the Lead Planner of the project (especially on bigger projects).
He/she shall knowledge and understand in Railway System and Sub-Systems and coordinate directly to the Planners of other Sub-Systems and expedite to get the Sub-Systems Schedules for integrating into the Project Master Schedule for the Railway System Project.
He/She provides the knowledge and the tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project launch. This includes the application of the generic WBS and using it as a cost and progress management tool throughout the project.
The Project Planner establishes, integrate and updates the Master Schedule/Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of schedules/sub-schedules from all parties (functions, subdivisions, partners) involved in the project and review programme plans and identify inconsistencies. The Project Planner needs to challenge all inputs from all parties and ensure accurate information flow between all parties. The Project Planner regularly tracks and reports progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitors risks and opportunities as well as proactively develops scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans if required. The Project Planner produces schedule-related KPI’s as required by the project. The Project Planner is an important member of the Change Control Board.
He/She supports the Project Manager in discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule.
He/She supports the Project Manager or the Supply Manager representatives communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners.
He/She supports the Project Manager in planning and monitoring the resources of the project as per approved budget and produce schedule-related KPI’s.
When in the lead in a consortium, he/she maintains direct contact with peers in partner companies and leads and manages schedule development and follow-up as a whole within the consortium. When not in the lead, he/she maintains direct contact with peers in partner companies on detailed schedule development and reporting; cooperating proactively with lead planner and peers in partner companies.
Functional duties to the Project Core Team
- Responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the planning of activities to deliver the project using standard tools (e.g. generic Product Breakdown Structure and Work Breakdown Structure)
- Responsible for establishing, integrating and updating the DPS based on common objectives within the project
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved in the project
- Responsible for resource planning, monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for communicating the DPS to all parties involved in the project, including any changes to the DPS
- Responsible for regularly monitoring critical path(s) of the schedule to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans
- The role is mandated to make any internal contacts, and in a consortium, any external contacts, needed to perform the duties
- Leadership duties within the Project Core Team
- Lead meetings related to DPS topics within the Project Core Team and with other partners/functions
- Manage, with the support of all Project Core Team members, the effective communication of the current DPS to all relevant stakeholders, including any updates
- Ensure that schedule implications of change requests are made visible and clear prior to presentation and decision making in the Change Control Board
- Specific responsibilities to other Project Core Team roles
- Regularly update the Project Controller with any and all progress or delays to the DPS to secure that implications to the EAC are monitored
- Ensure that the Risk & Opportunity Manager is regularly updated with possible threats or opportunity derived from present or future deviations to the DPS
- A university degree, preferably in Engineering or Business or a tertiary qualification and planning & scheduling experience. Additional qualification in planning & scheduling is an advantage.
Relevant experience required
- Works as Planning and Scheduling, especially as a Systems Integrator for Railway System would be an advantage
- Typically minimum 6 years of experience in relevant role, established professional with working experience on projects, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways)
- Working experience either in Engineering, Project Management, Operations, Procurement, Bids, Sales, or Finance
- Working experience in a multicultural environment is desirable (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant software i.e. Primavera is required
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Fluent written and conversational English and Thai
- Railway Systems Integrator in term of Planning and Scheduling would be an advantage
- Project Management
- Planning and Scheduling
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
About Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
Bombardier is the world’s largest manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Every day, millions of people get where they need to go aboard the planes and trains that we manufacture. Perhaps you do too. We rank among the leaders in two fast-paced industries:
- In aerospace, we have the industry's most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and are a leader in both business and regional aircraft.
- In rail transportation, we’re the world's largest equipment and systems manufacturer.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montreal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes.
Our APAC Regional office is based in Bangkok as a part of Bombardier Transportation, offering a comprehensive portfolio of rail systems including integrated control systems, computer and relay based interlocking, automatic train control systems and wayside equipment for mass transit and mainline.
Visit us at www.bombardier.com or contact us if you are looking for a challenging and international career opportunity.