Senior Manager - Commercial
Robert Walters Thailand
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001221034
Employer Ref. 1026790/001
An international food retail company is looking for a Senior Manager - Commercial to lead the Commercial department for the business expansion in a new country in South-East Asia.
About the Senior Manager - Commercial role:
In this role you will report to the Country Head and be responsible for reviewing of the suppliers and the performances.
- Source, evaluate, select and negotiate the best terms with the appropriate suppliers, closely monitor order fulfilment with the shortest time lead and supplier performance to meet customer demands
- Define the products range and sourcing strategy to serve customer base on company target
- Hold full P&L responsibility and be responsible for the successful negotiation and implementation of business plans
- Responsible for yearly budgeting, sales and profit as well as other income and performance review MTD, YTD by store, by category, by customer; evaluate the company financial budgets towards company policies
- Manage and control budget to allocate as each supplier
- Cooperate closely with other departments e.g. finance, store manager, marketing, customer development and supply chain to establish and execute business development strategies to ensure high competitiveness in the market
- Assess the customer demand, including price, quality and availability
- Capture, analyse and predict the future market trends; ready to change in demand
- Maximise profits at competitive prices via benchmarking with rivals
- Ensure that products being developed match or better quality than benchmarks and priced lower than the benchmark according to brand positioning
- Understand products and selection, popularity and product time manner in the market
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators; such as sales and discount levels
- Manage plans for stock levels
- React to changes in demand and logistics
- Meet suppliers and negotiate trade terms/agreement
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and sourc new suppliers for future
- Participate in promotional activities and understand the customer needs
- Write reports and forecast sales levels; and present to the senior management in commercial department
- Liaise with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand
- Train and mentor junior staffs
To succeed in this role you must have at least 8 years of working experience in sourcing food products and having good supplier resources to introduce into the business.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, International Business Administration or any related field
- Understand the market to provide the right assortment to right customers
- Understand consumer behaviour, price sensitivity and general awareness of various wine from overseas
- Possess sound leadership skills and be able to lead a merchandising team
- Strong negotiation skills and good sense of merchandising and commercial
- Initiative, proactive, positive thinking and can do attitude
- Multi-tasker, quick response and can work under pressure
- Result and detail oriented
- Excellent command of English
This global food retail company has an excellent reputation in its industry.
Apply for this new opportunity now.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Thailand
About Robert Walters Thailand
Established in 1985, Robert Walters plc is a world-leading specialist professional recruitment consultancy and the core brand of the Group. Hiring managers world-wide rely on us to find their best specialist professionals and our clients range from the largest corporates world-wide through to SMEs and start ups. We recruit people for permanent, contract and interim roles across the world.