Senior Manager and Assistant Vice President – Commercial Lawyer (Procurement)
en world Recruitment (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001254138
- Provide counsel on changes or on issuance of new legislations, rules, and regulations regarding general law applicable to the Company’s and its key subsidiaries’ business, including any changes thereof, and communicate and create understanding of the same to the relevant persons
- Provide counsel to various functions of the Company and its key subsidiaries, including drafting and review of complex legal agreements and documents (e.g. power of attorneys) in order to ensure that (i) their businesses will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and (ii) contractual arrangements will be enforceable as intended and not be enforced against them in an adverse way
- Provide guidance on the process of identifying legal risks that are expected to be critically importance to the business of the Company and its subsidiaries and provide the legal risk assessment report, including action plans, to top management in order to ensure timely risk management
- Provide advice for the process of identifying and monitoring non-critical legal risks from general business management in order to ensure that the risks are mitigated
- Work with external legal counsel, and guide junior members through difficult assignments, to ensure effectiveness of general legal issue management and to create optimal company’s interest under budget and time constraint
- Provide advice on intellectual property areas to ensure that they are in accordance with the business objectives of, and in the best interest of the Company’s and its subsidiaries’
- Provide advice for the process of identifying, monitoring, reporting and reducing risks relating to corruption and facilitation payments to ensure that such risks are effectively managed and closed
- Provide direction to junior members, decide on the methodologies, concepts and techniques to be used, identify risks and determine how to approach and complete tasks, in order to guide and support junior analyst and successfully achieve targets
- Ensure that one own area of assignments and contributions are appropriate to meet organization needs while pursuing improved performance
- Continuously update oneself with changes in legal trend, which affect tools, processes, systems, and frameworks relevant to the role, in order to maintain knowledge levels required to perform complicated tasks
- Collaborate with other departments / teams to facilitate analysis and identify process improvement / cost reduction opportunities
- Advise or educate management and set objectives and direction, in regards to own area of expertise, in order to support management in decision making processes
- Participate in business planning process and proactively identifies opportunities to advance the success of the business
- Be accountable for other certain works as assigned from immediate superior level
- Bachelor of law or higher from leading Thai universities or abroad would have an advantage
- Fluent in Thai and English, both writing and oral
- At least few years of experience at management level in the field of commercial or business law, contract negotiation/drafting, in particular or relation to Procurement contracts
- Must have experience with well-known MNC’s or public listed companies. Where contracts drafted or reviewed have been in English
- Experience from leading Thai or International law firms is highly preferred
- High commitment with accountability and mature
- Able to work independently and lead a team of lawyers
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and good inter-relationship skill
- Fluent command of English both in spoken and written
The successful candidate will be provided a promising career opportunity and attractive compensation package.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please send your full resume in Word format by click "Apply Now"
For a confidential discussion please call 02-106-8625 and ask to speak to The Finance Team. Your application will be treated with strict confidential.
en world Recruitment (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Athenee Tower, 12th Floor, Unit 1201-1202
63 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Tel: +66 (2) 106 8600 | Fax: +66 (0) 2654 0901
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to en world Recruitment (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About en world Recruitment (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
en world provides recruitment services, focused on mid-career professionals. The company was established in Japan in 1999 and has expanded to Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand and India. With 650 staff representing 20 nationalities in 15 offices, we are introducing talents with 2,800 clients across the Asia Pacific Region. en world is a subsidiary of en-japan Inc., Japan's leading internet-based recruitment solutions provider.