Senior Legal Counsel (AVP-VP)
Citibank , N.A.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001220765
Employer Ref. Senior Legal Counsel_Kittima
POSITION OBJECTIVE : Supporting and providing legal coverage to the GCB business.
- Providing legal advice and opinion to consumer banking business (GCB) and the Management in relation to legal matters to ensure that all business conducted within the country adheres to the local laws and regulations, and to ensure that the local business practices conform to the legal requirements both in execution and appearance.
- Serving as a member of the GCB management committees, such as the Service Council Committee, the NCB Committee, the Incentive Committee, and other committee as required from time to time.
- Coordinating and liaising with the Head Office Counsels, Regional GCB Counsels, and GCB Counsels in other jurisdiction across all geographies to ensure robust and effective coverage for any local laws, regulation issues, and any legal related matters in connection with the business activity in the country.
- Approving, drafting and reviewing all contract, agreements, applications, and other documents used by the Bank required in connection with all GCB business including credit card & unsecured loans, wealth management and branch banking.
- Advising and making recommendation on legal and regulatory ramifications of a project or strategy to be embarked upon assessing legal and potential impact to the Bank in the country to ensure the Management and any representation of the Bank oversee law regulatory.
- Monitoring, supervising and reporting all GCB litigation and formalizing legal strategy involving the Bank in relation to collections, credit recovery, debt restructure, and negotiating towards settlement of claims and others. Being the Bank’s representative in court case related to GCB business. Representing the Bank, the Management and staffs as litigation counsel in any local court of jurisdiction to safeguard any lawsuit, in relation to GCB business, against the Bank’s employee, the business franchise and reputation.
- Monitoring business units’ compliance with the relevant Bank of Thailand’s or other legal requirements and ensure deficiencies corrected. Conducting a thorough investigation of any violation and take appropriate corrective action. Representing and speaking for the Bank with any government authorities in the local country on GCB legal related matters.
- Providing business legal training, materials for the Management and staffs for any changes of local laws and regulation which may affect to the GCB business of the Bank.
- Coordinating and supervising work quality and work flow of external law firms.
Advanced Degree in Law, MBA
Possess 8-10 years of corporate legal experience in managing a broad range of legal issues
Understanding of the financial service business and their related issues
Excellent oral/written communication skills and negotiation skills
Excellent analytical skills, with an eye for details
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and techniques in an area of legal expertise and the ability to apply them to complex business situations
Comfortable handling multiple tasks, projects and initiatives simultaneously in a timely manner
Strong project management skills
Strong consultative and relationship management skills
Understanding of the organizational structure and the key resources
Decisive, quickly moves issues to resolution
Assertive and confident personality
Balances high level, conceptual thinking with practical implementation
Sound business and control judgment
Effectively negotiates with peers or their superiors to achieve appropriate solutions
Demonstrates a high regard for business ethics
Able to interact confidently with people at all levels of the bank management
Dependable, e.g. meets commitments or takes appropriate action if met with obstacles
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Citibank , N.A.
About Citibank , N.A.
Employer Ref.Senior Legal Counsel_Kittima
With almost 200 years of rich legacy with more than 100 countries coverage worldwide, Citi is recognized as one of the top world financial institutions nowadays.
It cannot be deniable that "Citi World's Best Team" where all high potential and talented colleagues heading to the single unite goal is definitely major component that uplifts our great reputation.
Therefore, the opportunity to be part of Citi World's Best Team is opening up for all of you. If you love to enjoy yourselves with challenging assignment and world-class system. Do not hesitate to grasp this opportunity as we are waiting for "Professional" like you to be part of our team.