Senior Legal Counsel
Toll Logistics (Thailand) Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001220676
We are now seeking a driven individual to join our team as a “Senior Legal Counsel”
Commercial Activity :
Provide commercial legal support and advice to business and management of Thailand , Vietnam , Cambodia and Indonesia , including
- Timely drafting and reviewing service agreements and procurement agreements with particular focus on liability , insurance, term and termination provisions
- Secretarial support and permit and approval management. Ensure timely and complete compliance with respective local jurisdiction requirements.
- General legal advice
- Regulatory governance
- Ensure corporate governance rules and processes are maintained and enforced
- Maintain strong working relationships with external legal service providers.
- Work closely with the business in understanding the service industry and commercial requirements when considering legal terms & conditions.
Education and Communication :
- Educate and inform management about Toll policies, legal requirements and obligations of particular importance to the Businesses, including laws governing competition, Foreign Corrupt Practices, applicable foreign investment regimes and transport and logistics law developments in each jurisdiction.
- Keep abreast of latest legal developments in general for the Businesses in particular.
- Liaise with Toll Lead Counsel and lawyers to ensure consistency of approach wherever practicable (recognizing differing commercial requirements of the varied business and industry focus within the Toll Group) both to legal advice and review.
Qualification and key criteria
- Degree in Law, with commerce or finance or post graduate regionally relevant legal qualifications
- Preferable to be admitted as a Legal Practitioner and maintain legal practicing certificate in home jurisdiction
- Fluent in English & Thai , with fluency in other Asia Pacific languages – well regarded
- Min. 3 years experiences in the logistics industry and familiarization with 3 PL, contract logistics and freight forwarding concepts and issues
- Multi-National Corporation and Public Listed Company experiences
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with experience in having negotiated complex transactions
- Stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Proven interpersonal understanding and empathy for others
- Demonstrate capability of Teamwork, Trust & Integrity, Open & Transparent, Safety, Continuous Improvement, with accountability and strong work ethic .
We offer an attractive remuneration package which includes transportation support and career and learning opportunities. Interested persons are invited to send application letter with a detailed resume , one recent photo and expected salary to :
Human Resources Dept.
Toll Logistics(Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Tel: 0-2769-8900 ext. 1415, Mobile +66 9 4356 4156
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Toll Logistics (Thailand) Ltd.
About Toll Logistics (Thailand) Ltd.
Toll is a division of Japan Post.
Japan Post has been operating since the establishment of the modern postal service in 1871 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan Post Holdings. Japan Post Holdings has two other subsidiaries across banking and insurance sectors that makes it one of the largest companies in the world.
For over a century, Toll has been in the business of logistics and is a leading provider of logistics solutions in the Asia Pacific region.
As a global company, Toll operates a network of more than 1,200 sites in 55 countries and provides a diverse range of supply chain management and logistics solutions across a diverse range of industry sectors.
With a comprehensive network in Thailand, Toll offers a range of value-added warehousing and distribution services priding ourselves on delivering seamless, end-to-end, local, regional and global supply chain solutions.