Senior IT Technician
Regent Bangkok Education Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001219283
Reporting to: ICT Manager
Qualifications/ Educations :
- Male/Female aged 25 years up.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in any related fields.
- Knowledgeable in many technical areas of ICT.
- Interested in technological developments.
- A logical and creative problem solver.
- Organised and methodical.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Prepared to work outside normal working hours on occasions to fulfil tasks.
Main Responsibilities :- Hardware and Software
- Diagnose the Network issues on the Staff, Students and ICT Suite Machines and fix them
- Have a complete knowledge on Hardware and Software
- Should have a practical knowledge on understanding the installation of OS, Other School related Software.
- Should have a Complete knowledge on crimping Network Cables and test them.
- Should have a basic understanding of the LAN-Switch
- Troubleshoot WIFI, LAN
- Help staff / Students in WIFI Logins
- Configure Printers [Local and Network]
- Suggests the Hardware requirements.
- Provide the usernames and Password when required
- Identify and Plan for the hardware disposal when appropriate and also discuss with ICT Manager before the disposal of hardware.
- Ensure all systems are having the Anti-virus installed and updated periodically
- Maintain the Systems during every term and mid-term break.
- Discuss the issues with ICT Manager when it is critical.
- Basic understanding of VLAN;s
- Support ICT Manager when doing a PI for Hardware.
- Understand the School Email System.
- Have a basic knowledge on Firewall System used in the School.
Main Responsibilities: Technology related
- Prepare Workstations
- Maintain a record of all IP Addresses [Available and Used Ones]
- Troubleshoot all technology related issues
- Monitor security of all Technologies
- Document all Software’s used and their licenses.
- Able to Manage the Telephone - PBX System
- Able to draw new Lines and extensions on request
- Able to Manage the PA System during School Assembly, School Events.
- Troubleshoot technical issues at Regent’s other Campuses
Perform other related duties as and when required during the working hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer viruses and security
- E-mail and internet programs
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks team building skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- decision making skills
- effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
- stress management skills
- time management skills
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and full CV, how your experience matches the requirements of the vacancy and your expected salary.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Regent Bangkok Education Co., Ltd.
About Regent Bangkok Education Co., Ltd.
The Regent's School provides a secure and nurturing co-educational day and boarding environment. Each student is challenged to develop the skills and values necessary to become responsible, positive contributors to society. The school is a member of Round Square, an organisation whose IDEALS underpin all aspects of school life. These are: Internationalism, Democracy, Environmental awareness, Adventure, Leadership and Service to others.
OUR PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES
1. TO ENCOURAGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS
To provide an excellent academic education enabling each student to achieve the highest level of which he or she is capable.
2. TO OFFER A BROAD CURRICULUM
To foster an atmosphere of active participation and excellence in artistic, dramatic, sporting and other challenges, understanding that participation and personal progress are as important as achievement.
3. TO EDUCATE WELL ROUNDED GLOBAL CITIZENS
To develop well rounded citizens, who have the social and personal values which lead to maturity, self-discipline and the acceptance of responsibility for themselves and others.
4. TO SUPPORT RISK TAKERS
To encourage learning at the edge of one's comfort zone, developing a willingness to take measured risks, use initiative, persevere and value an adventurous spirit.
5. TO CELEBRATE DIVERSITY
To celebrate the diversity of our community, respect for our host culture and have an appreciation of differences in culture, race, gender, language and religion.
6. TO BUILD PARTNERSHIPS
To build supportive relationships within school and our wider community. Through these partnerships to encourage learning through service to others, care of our environment and seeking to ‘make a difference'.
7. TO PROMOTE LEADERSHIP AND INTEGRITY
Leadership and Integrity: To develop the skills of leadership and an understanding of the value of integrity, teamwork and democracy.
8. TO CHALLENGE ACTIVE LEARNERS
To become creative and reflective learners, recognizing our own potential to challenge accepted wisdom and contribute to our own life-long learning. Preparation for an International Future: To be prepared to make a meaningful contribution to life beyond school, with the ability to progress to higher education or a career in any part of the world.