Senior Environmental Consultant – Remediation Services
Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001211934
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Pathumwan, Bangkok
- Our Client is one of the major operators in technical services industry.
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation services (site investigation, management and remediation) and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
- The Senior Environmental Consultant role is situated in the Thailand Remediation Services (RS) team. The Senior Environmental Consultants role will include project management for individual projects and small portfolio’s, both in Thailand and supporting regional portfolio’s, delivering them to a high degree of technical quality within agreed timeframes. The Senior Environmental Consultant will also manage and maintain financial targets and maintain positive client satisfaction in the delivery of projects. You will provide cost estimates to clients based on portfolio contract rates and or individual project cost estimates.
- As a senior professional in the RS team you will manage and direct professional and technical staff on the day to day execution of projects, providing support, guidance and motivation for the team members to complete their work effectively and within expected timelines.
- You will liaise closely with the RS team manager in managing the team workload, financial performance and projecting project resourcing needs to higher management on a regular basis. You will work with the RS team manager and regional management in identifying opportunities and clients. You will also act as the primary point of contact between key account clients and company, proactively working with clients to achieve delivery of their projects.
- The role is based primarily in the Bangkok office, but will require travel for projects within Thailand, and occasionally supporting larger projects or portfolio’s in the Asia region.
- An understanding or knowledge of statistics, as applied to environmental data, together with data management systems or GIS will be advantageous to execute the role effectively, but not essential.
- Manage projects including preparation and supervision of all deliverables and resources to meet contract requirements in line with project plans.
- Development of project Health and Safety Plans, Job Safety Analysis etc;
- Maintain regular contact with clients and regulators to identify client needs, regulatory issues and trends.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with clients to enhance client retention and growth.
- Maximize efficiencies through proactive management and scheduling of staff and project resources to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Undertake sections of multi-faceted projects in collaboration with senior staff.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve clients / project requirements and ensure maintenance of high technical standards.
- Prepare reports, proposals, tender documents and regular client correspondence.
- Undertake project invoicing and cash flow management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for RS team and business growth.
- Undertake peer review of technical and editorial content of deliverables both in Thai and English
- Undertake ad hoc project related tasks as required which may include; studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, presentations, and legislation research
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal and external stakeholders including, management, project staff, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and the community to enhance working relationships and outcomes
- As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you are expected to have and/or demonstrate:
- A passion for growth and independent learning to achieve your goals;
- A focused health and safety mindset;
- Demonstrable time and task management and strong communication and negotiation skills with team members and clients;
- 8 to 10 years industry experience in contaminated land assessment and management, preferably working within a consulting environment;
- A relevant University Degree/s in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental science or environmental engineering;
- Experience in:
- The assessment, management and remediation of greenfield and brownfield sites;
- O Project management including proactive task planning, management and financial tracking;
- O Supervising and oversight of field teams and subcontractors;
- O Effective data management and interpretation skills, including review and checking of delivered data for quality control purposes in accordance with DQO standards;
- O Report writing skills, including ability to evaluate chemical and physio-chemical parameters, evaluate nature and extent of contamination, and draw conclusions
- Strong field skills, including experience sampling and monitoring a variety of media, including soil, groundwater, surface water, via a variety of methods that produce accurate and representative results. Additional experience in sampling sediments, soil vapour, landfill gas and leachate is advantageous;
- Experience in logging soil bores using USCS or similar systems and development of accurate and representative borelogs. Knowledge of soil logging programs is advantageous;
- Experience in installing groundwater monitoring wells in shallow unconfined and/or deeper confined aquifers, utilizing aquifer protection methods where identified, via various drilling methods;
- Experience in the analysis and presentation of environmental data that is fit for purpose and meets the expectations of stakeholders and project needs via a range of data management and presentation systems, as tables, graphs, histograms, trends diagrams, is contours etc to succinctly and clearly support project requirement
- Working knowledge of the Thailand legislation on contaminated land (highly regarded)
- 24 or 40-hour HAZWOPER training (preferred, but not required)
Please submit your up-to-date CV in MS Word format, and state your current and expected salary to SChuenpraparat@ fircroft.com
Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Fircroft Thailand Limited
Unit 2202, Level 22nd, Pacific Place II,
142 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel. 66-2-653-2947 Ext 113, Fax: 66-2-653-2948
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
About Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
Fircroft is one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies, with a turnover of USD 1.5 billion (2013). With network of offices and joint operations supporting over 66 countries worldwide, Fircroft has global contracts with the world’s largest energy companies and some of the world's leading engineering companies.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 44 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide.
We currently have over 8,000 contractors placed in roles around the world and, as well as contractor recruitment, we also fill permanent job vacancies across our key sectors; Oil & Gas, Automotive, Power & Energy, Mining & Minerals and Engineering.
Our success and reputation hinges on our people-centred approach. By ensuring our own people are focused, committed and approachable, we make sure the recruitment process is both seamless and enjoyable.
When it comes to finding people the right job - we’re the right people for the job.