Senior Chemist(Condoms) at Surat Thani
Robert Walters Resource Solutions Sdn Bhd
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001219871
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Provides technical support related to new product development and innovation as well as manufacturing, sourcing and continuous improvement of commercialized products and technologies in SW GBU including design control and regulatory aspects as appropriate.
- Assist Sr. R&D Manager/ Sr. Director, SW R&D to manage, supervise and develop the skill base of chemists and technicians for research, laboratory management and technical development to enable transference of new products for commercial production.
- Take steering role in the development of new products and manufacturing best practices for NRL and/or PI condoms
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To coordinate technical aspects of condom technologies related to NPD and Innovation projects (Quality Objectives #2, 3, and 4). This includes:
- Designing, planning and conducting or delegate as necessary, laboratory and manufacturing plant experiments (including factory trials and process validation trials) as appropriate. Engaging in hands-on experiments, supervising and managing of chemists and technicians daily activities and providing support where appropriate.
- To collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams within and outside the SW GBU.
- To coach and provide on the job training to lab technician and new chemist as necessary in their daily operation.
- To assist the GBU Manager and Finance with budget forecasting, trial activity cost and management as appropriate.
- To analyze results and report overall progress of the projects to the Sr. Manager and GBU team members as appropriate.
- To recognize potential problems and recommend directions and preventive solutions.
- To help in presenting and publishing technical findings as well as filing of patents as appropriate (Quality Objective #5)
- To provide guidance, assistance, trouble shooting, analysis, technical support and make recommendation based on sound judgment and facts to Operations (Ansell MFG sites, Sourcing and/or 3rd party manufacturers as appropriate) during initial commercial production of newly transferred products and in continuous improvement to drive quality, capacity, productivity and cost improvement in material and process aspects of manufacturing. Business travel i.e. to other Ansell MFG sites is a must requirement. Frequency of travel will be dependent on the need and criticality of the projects.
- To assist Sr. Manager to maintain proper implementation of design and development control procedures (Quality Objective #6).
- To ensure the Quality Systems adopted by the Company are implemented and the regulatory requirements, wherever relevant, are met (Quality Objective #6).
- To ensure continuous ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certification of the SW R&D team (Quality Objective #6).
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping, calibration and equipment in the laboratory at all time.
- To identify, acquire and upgrade technical knowledge of condom business for both self and subordinates as well as continuous improvements of in-house technical capabilities.
- Provide input and strategy to build the skills and competencies of the SW R&D team.
- Supports procurement of raw materials including chemicals and packaging as required for trials as appropriate (for internal and external consumption)
- To protect confidentiality of information and trade secret related to work within Ansell such that no unauthorized person can gain access.
- Works with GBU R&D Head, StageGate Project Leaders and StageGate Manager to prepare and maintain StageGate documentation and maintain Smartsheet updated. This includes budget forecasting and budget management as appropriate.
- Plays key roles in project teams and where appropriate, technically leads SG (Express, 2/3-Stage projects) under close supervision from R&D Manager/Head of R&D SW.
- Has a growing track of project successes, including playing key roles(excluding TL) in 4/5-stage projects or having major roles which may include TL in 2/3-stage projects under supervision of R&D Manager/Head of R&D SW.
- To provide NPD, innovation and technology evaluation support and ensure delivery of tasks and projects in a timely manner according to plan and in accordance with business unit objectives and department quality objectives.
- To provide support and improve technical capabilities in SW R&D and as necessary, in Operations / third party manufacturers.
Safety Risk Management:
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external EHS rules, regulations and other Risk Management requirements.
- To follow Safety, Health and Environmental procedures such as Safe Work Practice, ISO14001 activities, maintaining 5S activities on a monthly basis. (Quality Objective #1).
- Contribute to the activities prescribed in the supervisor’s/manager’s calendar e.g. report unsafe action, unsafe condition, near miss, etc. as an accountability tool to measure safety performance and to promote the development of an EHS culture
- Minimum Bachelor degree in chemistry/material/polymer science/engineering or relevant discipline.
- Medical device background
- Latex dipping, condom dipping experience
- Design & Development experience
- Mobility-able to travel to other countries- Malaysia or Sri Lanka for work.
Working hours: 8am-5pm
Location: Ansell Surat Thani
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Resource Solutions Sdn Bhd
About Robert Walters Resource Solutions Sdn Bhd
( No Description )