BIG WEDNESDAY DIGITAL LTD.
Senior Accounting Officer - eCommerce Travel Leader - Bangkok
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001229520
Employer Ref. 16TA06L003P08
Our client is a leading Asia-based online reservations company, a top 5 player in the industry. Their network includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals to both business and leisure travellers.
As Senior Accounting Officer you will be instrumental in supporting the business with financial accounts, accounting controls and tax. You will bring solid accountancy experience in addition to managerial skills and financial qualifications. You'll already be in Asia or looking to relocate.
- Prepare complete details and accurate accounts for all entities including a group consolidation.
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Motivate management accounting/nominal ledger team to take further responsibility for accounts input and preparation processes, and ensure career development in a supportive manner.
- Manage and liaise with auditors, IT review and tax computation processes from planning to filing in an efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system inter-dependencies
- Responsible for review of journal entries
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and report significant exceptions to management
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Understand key concepts of tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence
- Provide tax team with accurate information for the purpose of tax compliance in local and foreign jurisdictions
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- Minimum experience of 5 years in accounting or related fields with at least 3 years in managerial level
- Tax knowledge
- Accounting software/ ERP application skills
- Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Communication skills
- Planning & Coordination skills
- Excel & presentation skills
Our client offers:
- Competitive annual salary above market rate
- Medical coverage (outpatient and inpatient)
- Discounted hotel accommodation; anywhere in the world
- Exposure to travel industry
- Work environment: multinational
- Dress code: smart casual
If you bring what we're looking for and you like what you read then apply with your CV today!