Security Fields Support Supervisor
DHL eCommerce Thailand
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001285344
Security Vendors, Security Consultants, Private investigators
- Source appropriate security vendors and consultants with respect to the purchase of security equipment, undertaking of investigations, etc
- Monitor and audit the security services provided and maintain a monthly performance report
Law Enforcement, Security Officials, Local Authorities & Regulatory Bodies, Security Consultants, Private Investigators
- Establish professional liaison to ensure strong links are maintained between DHL and such authorities
DHL Legal Representatives.
- Maintain close working relationship
All DHL country Staff
- Enlist the support of all DHL staff to ensure that DHL’s environment is safe and secure
Security Managers at other DHL locations
- Liaise closely to ensure a cohesive and effective security strategy.
- Provide regular updates on security issues
- Ensure compliance to regional security policies and procedures
Driving Security Excellence
- Upholding effective security policies and procedures to ensure that DHL’s staff, assets and customers shipments are protected.
- Conducts investigations into security incidents e.g. loss/theft of shipments, company assets, and criminal acts against property or personnel.
- Lodge police reports and liaise with the police and courte on criminal investigation matters. If necessary, represent DHL in court proceedings.
- Maintains the Security Incident Database for all security incidents
- Apply analytical processes to gauge losses, estimate the probability of recurrence, the financial impact and, most importantly take a pro-active countermeasures
- Assist HR Department in the recruitment and background checking of new employees
- Conduct security audits and assist other departments e.g. TSP to conduct audits on company facilities and processes
- Development, implementation and ownership of specialist training in the undertaking of investigations and the reporting and follow-up actions that are required for investigations both in-country and Regionally/Globally
- Coordinates investigations carried out locally by country or aviation resources and provide support, guidance and expertise to the investigation process and the resulting follow-up activity.
- Produce monthly reports of incidents and the subsequent investigations to country and regional management.
- Assist and guide local and regional management in the handling of often complex legal, personnel and procedural issues and minimize DHL’s exposure to liability in any civil or criminal actions that may result from the incidents investigated
- Initiate and maintain law enforcement liaison with local authorities to provide assistance when needed and to exchange information in accordance with company policy
- In the area of preventive security, the investigations managers activities shall include threat assessments; advice and counsel to management on dealing with those threats; employee education and public awareness programmes; consultation with employees and management on Code of Conduct matters.
- Comply with company policy, civil laws and national Labor Relations Rulings when conducting investigations to ensure the company is not exposed to criminal or civil charges.
- Security assessment of new products and services; and the establishment of security standards, policies and practices to protect DHL personnel, property, revenues, information and other assets.
- Develop prevention-based strategies to ensure the highest integrity of shipments
- Close cooperation with DHL Country Security Managers or appointees in conducting investigations.
- Incumbent has no direct reports and authority over country line and functional personnel. Nevertheless he/she must be able to demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions through provision of value-added inputs into the organization’s business processes.
- Good in Communications both Vocal and Written
- DG Awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Sound investigative record with investigation courses completed
- Good contact with relevant local government bodies
- Travelling to upcountry and work 7 days, if need
Competency segment ‘Business’
Analysis: Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Accountability: Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with the intent of policies, procedures and agreements. Builds others' trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to get results.
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
- 2 years experience in security
- Degree or Diploma (preferable)
How to apply
- Click APPLY NOW for submit your application
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to DHL eCommerce Thailand
About DHL eCommerce Thailand
DHL – The logistics company for the world
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. We are expanding in the ecommerce market, leveraging our strengths and expertise as a key enabler to make ecommerce a better experience for our customer and consumer.
DHL eCommerce Thailand, a new and fast-growing division of DHL’s family, is looking for key management talent to lead dynamic domestic B2C delivery operation team. The job offers a unique growth and development opportunity in the senior leadership role in the robust and exciting ecommerce space with market leading company.