Secondary DT/Art Technician/Creative Arts Assistant
Bangkok International Prep and Secondary School
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001254957
Report to: Head of the Creative Arts Faculty/ T. Bannister
Design Technology: Main Responsibilities:
Must be able to operate electric saws, be generally competent in a workshop
- Cutting down large materials into smaller sizes for easier storage and usage.
- Cutting out materials for specific project work.
- Maintaining well organised & stocked material areas (woods, plastics, foams, metals and cardboards).
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and storage areas.
- Maintaining and monitoring consumables, tools, equipment and machinery for easy usage and safe operation (e.g. fixing/replacing items as necessary, abrasive papers, saw blades, adhesives, files, maintenance of paint brushes etc.).
- Monitoring stock levels for re-ordering.
- Liaise with maintenance / purchasing as necessary.
- In-class TA to support classes with machines and equipment.
- Assist in setting up DT displays.
Art and Design: Main responsibilities
- Assist in setting up of Art displays within the Faculty and around the school.
- Monitoring stock of materials and ordering whenever necessary.
- Maintaining an organised and tidy Art studio and store room.
- Cutting large sheets of paper and preparing other Art resources.
- Maintaining and replenishing Art resources in classrooms: paints, brushes, etc - liaise with purchasing.
- Assist with the completion of photographic and graphic design work and liaise with marketing where necessary.
- Assist with reprographics - assist with photocopying and laminating wherever necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in classroom and storage areas - also liaise with maintenance.
Creative Arts Faculty: Main responsibilities
- Assist the Drama and Music subject areas when necessary, e.g. presentation and maintenance of displays.
- At certain times of year assist with school productions - lighting, filming, painting sets, costumes, supporting school productions etc.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art & Design, and/or any related fields in Art and Design.
- Educational experience is less important than applicants qualities of initiative, intuition, common sense and creativity.
- Display high levels of initiative, intuition, common sense and creativity
- Demonstrate an aptitude to work alone without supervision and a facility to make decisions without prompting
- Must have technical competency: Able to use the internet, Gmail and Google Drive effectively. Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and DSLR’s would be a distinct advantage
- Enthusiasm and motivation to keep a well organised, tidy and visually exciting Faculty
- Willingness to be get involved, be adaptable, flexible, open to new ideas and skilled at multi-tasking
- Takes pride in completing tasks effectively and enjoys working in a creative, high pace environment
- Displays high levels of skill and technique and preparing materials - such as cutting paper, producing displays and models
- Strong command of both Thai and English
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people from a variety of international backgrounds, cultures and age groups
- Able to follow School Policies on Child Protection, Safeguarding and Code of Conduct
All applicants who are interested in working with our school, please submit your cover letter, resume with a recent photograph, expected salary and other documents via "Apply Now" or fax at the number of 02-260-7890 ext. 137
Human Resources Section
Bangkok International Preparatory & Secondary School
23 Sukhumvit 53, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Bangkok International Prep and Secondary School
About Bangkok International Prep and Secondary School
More Jobs from this employer