SCCM - System and Network Engineer
Amadeus Asia Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001227607
We are looking for a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 R2 expert to join the existing Level 3 support team in charge of design & operation of the platform.
This platform currently manage ~16000 computers and ~1400+ servers, with a worldwide coverage. SCCM is a critical IT security asset for our company providing patch management, software deployment, reporting and security audit services for managed assets.
This position will be part of a global organization known as Global Business Services but under the Workplace Technology Solutions (WTS) umbrella. Within WTS, the system and network engineer will be part of a sub-department unit: Integration (INT). The Integration team focuses on the global delivery with a focus on security (VLAN isolation, Firewall, multifactor, encryption, patching, compliance). Level 3 SCCM support team is the last escalation level for the service before the software editor, in charge of the infrastructure, design and evolutions of the product.
1) L3 Run support of SCCM infrastructure
Under the supervision of SCCM platform responsible, primary responsibility of the position will be to define, implement, and coordinate all required actions to keep all SCCM clients in an healthy state ready to provide required services.
It will involve assessing and remediating client health issues, identification of common root cause of failure to determine repetitive patterns and trends, opportunities for proactive actions and automated remediation, writing troubleshooting technical procedures for L1 and L2 SCCM team members, follow-up on actions to stay compliant with defined SLA.
2) L3 Run support of additional SCCM services
As a L3 team member, the position will also be an active contributor to others activities of the team such as patch management, software packaging and deployment on servers, SCCM infrastructure design and deployment, etc.
3) Design solutions of global services
Work on the design of the main GBS projects to support Amadeus run, grow, and transformations. These projects support GBS global services deployed to Amadeus affiliates / sites.
- This includes evolution of the current Workplace, Workplace management, and Workplace security
- Drive existing Workplace security solutions and perform RFP for replacement solutions.
- Design new global services design around secured access to the Workplace according to demands coming from Programme Manager and internal business partners.
- The engineer will be accountable for design documents, security design aspects, proof of concept in the integration lab, operation procedures that will be used by the operations and deployment teams.
4) Operational readiness
For every solution designed by the GBS-WTS-INT team, operation procedures need to be written by the responsible system and network engineer for the operation team (L2). This is one of the activity of the handover of the new solution / feature to different stake holders (operation & deployment teams).
Bachelor - or higher degree - in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
Relevant work experience:
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SCCM 2012 / 2012 R2
• 5+ years of experience of IT management/troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (client and server)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot issues and facilitate improvements based on root cause analysis
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose problems across multiple disciplines
- Proactive to identify and suggest improvements to the existing environment (continuous improvement)
- Strong expertise with operations of SCCM platform in an enterprise-scale environment
- Strong experience of Windows Server/Computer Management/Troubleshooting
- Good experience with PowerShell scripting
- Team player, capable to work in virtual team across several sites with both L3 and L2 team members, and the rest of the IT organization
- Good experience with software packaging and distribution
- Good documentation skills
- Experience with SQL query development for reporting
- Experience with Windows Patch Management process (SCCM/WSUS)
- Experience with IT Security (IT audit and forensic)
- Working knowledge with Active Directory environment, PKI, SQL Database Administration, networking, firewalling, virtualization
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Amadeus Asia Ltd.
About Amadeus Asia Ltd.
Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.