AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 employees worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For more information, please visit www.abbvie.com.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001218713
- Sales Manager, Anaesthesia, Bangkok
- Sales Manager, Anaesthesia, Upcountry
Reports to: Business Unit Manager
Location: Bangkok or Upcountry
To provide the sales team with the leadership, direction and resources to ensure sales targets are achieved and to liaise with Marketing personnel to ensure short and long term sales strategies are applied by the team.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and assist the sales force in achieving their sales targets through ongoing field coaching, training programs (sales and product), sales meetings, regular 1 x 1 communication and appropriate reward and recognition.
- Translating marketing strategies into day to day working sales and promotional strategy and driving this with the sales force.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through the appropriate allocation of sales territories and monitoring representative activity reports and through strategic contact with key customers, associations and Government representatives.
- Assure consistent sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets in assigned product portfolio by identifying opportunities and gaining new business while maintaining existing business and communicating to the management through monthly reports and informal discussions.
- Assist with preparation of sales plans, quotas and budgets. Implement sales plans and special promotions to aid achievement of sales goals. Inform management of issues affecting sales performance through regular reporting and informal discussions.
- Develop and manage the sales rep expense budget within plan by allocating budget appropriately and regularly monitoring performance. Authorize and submit representative claims in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all activities undertaking will provide positive role modeling for new representatives and assist new representatives by sharing product knowledge and territory management skills.
- Develop and strengthen sales reps to successfully expedite their selling skills, product knowledge, negotiation skills to satisfy customer needs and sales achievement. Identify and monitor poor performance with recommendation for corrective actions to improve sales team strengths.
- Analyze and report market intelligence in a correct and timely manner.
- Manage the people issues e.g. recruitment, retention, annual performance reviews, development plans, on the job training etc.
- Actively seek, identify, analyze, and present new business opportunities and improvement ideas to senior management on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all business activities comply with the PReMA code, WHO code, Thai code, relevant Acts, legal demands, AbbVie code of conduct and ethical standards.
External: Influential physicians, Key Opinion Leaders (hospital and in-field), pharmacists, others depending on brand plan
Internal: In-Field Team members, National Sales Manager, Business Unit Managers, Brand Team Leaders, Brand Team Members
- Any governmental and/or or legal mandatory certification requirements as by respective country’s laws and/or regulations (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Degree in Science/Pharmacy/Medical related field or appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Minimum 5 years strong sales track record - preference for successful sales team supervision in biotech / pharma Industry.
- Comprehensive industry knowledge especially related to Anesthesia will be preferable.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management and coaching cross functionally or functional individuals and teams.
- Knowledge of territory and relationships with key stakeholders already established
- Ability to build strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to think and plan strategically (work plans, activities, time tables, targeting) and operating with execution excellence
- Operates, leads and facilitates effectively in a matrix organization/environment plus English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries)
- Recognized as talent developer in local biotech/pharma environment
- Marketing and other commercial experiences within biotech/pharma industry
Code of Conduct & Business Integrity
AbbVie is committed to observe high integrity and ethical standards in all its business dealings with our customers, with each other, business partners and suppliers.
AbbVie as a responsible corporate citizen will adhere to these standards, as well as to local, national and international laws.
All AbbVie employees are responsible for maintaining the Company’s reputation for conduct in accordance with the highest level of business integrity, ethics and compliance with the law. Soliciting and/or accepting/attempting/offering bribes or any illegal gratification is therefore cause for immediate dismissal.
Candidate is therefore required to maintain the highest ethical standards in his conduct of Company affairs at all times and up hold the AbbVie Values.