Safety & Security Manager (Retail Store)
IKANO (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001228994
Report to: Business Navigation Manager
Location: IKEA Bangna and IKEA Bangyai (please specify your preferred work location)
For Bangyai store, the successful candidate must be willing to work at Bangna store during 2017 and relocate to Bangyai store on early 2018.
- Your priority is to work with team to ensure that IKEA store is always a safe and secure environment for visitors and co-workers. Ensure that IKEA products and store are compliant with the IKEA Group Risk Manual and with local regulations.
- Analyze incidents reported in the store and identify good solutions and ideas for improving the safety and security in the store.
- Constantly updating Store Management, Service Office matrix partner and regional matrix peers on changes in safety and security practices and sharing of best practices.
- Ensure that regular preventive maintenance on all systems related to fire prevention, fire extinguishing, CCTV, alarms, and other safety-related systems is completed and documented and that the systems are in good working condition.
- Ensure that physical access and key management to the store is compliant to the approved card access matrix and Group Risk Manual.
- Try to prevent all types of accidents, crime and fraud in the stores and will rapidly carry out investigation if there are any such incidents. All investigated and reported incidents to be escalated to relevant personnel quickly and follow up actions are taken.
- Conduct regular trainings to increase awareness of safety and security in all co-workers and ensure that all IKEA co-workers are educated in safety routines such as fire drills and evacuation.
- Take responsibilities to liaise with the local authorities and organizations as a representative of the Company when needed (police, fire brigades, fraud investigators, etc.). Participate actively in the store’s Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Committee.
- Involve in the store’s crisis management team and ensure that the team is prepared and familiar with emergency procedures (fire hazard, bomb threat, gas leak, pandemic, etc).
- Ensure to have the right number of security co-workers and resources in the right place at the right time to run their duties, including in the night.
- Secure training of team in order to have competent and focused co-workers who can support the store safety and security function. Goals and expectations are clearly set and follow up with the team.
- Take an active role in the store management team, sharing knowledge and experience and ensure co-operation in the commercial team in the store to ensure safety and security in the store.
Constantly monitor our performance against agreed goals, adapting and taking action when required. Deliver on agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by:
- Analyzing KPIs and working with team to create meaningful actions to achieve goals.
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using best practice and by encouraging team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
Profile of suitable candidates:-
General retailing experience
- Relevant experience from safety and security work in a retail store is an advantage
- Must be a good communicator and have good interpersonal skill
- Must be able to communicate in English
- This is a specialist role and the leadership skills required are related to training large groups of employees and securing that they implement the safety routines and work actively in all departments with systematic safety routines
- High personal integrity due to involvement in fraud investigations
- Must be flexible to work on Saturday or Sunday or public holidays, (by work roster- 5 working days, 2 day-off).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to IKANO (Thailand) Limited
About IKANO (Thailand) Limited