SPIE Oil & Gas Services, a specialist subsidiary of the SPIE Group, is an international company providing services to the Oil & Gas Industry. With over 40 years International experience, 4,000 employees and a permanent presence in over 25 countries, SPIE Oil & Gas Services have become one the world’s leading technical services providers to the oil and gas industry. Our Clients include oil companies, engineering firms and oil and gas contractors to whom we offer service capabilities which include Asset Support, comprising of commissioning, maintenance engineering, operations and maintenance, operating manuals and procedure; Competence Development, training and technical assistance services. With expansion of our business, we are looking for the following position.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001253089
Position: SSHE Officer
Work Location: Kamphaengphet and nearby areas (Onshore, 5 working days per week (Monday-Friday), available outside working hours and on call)
- Maintain training records and provide an organized and structured “SSHE Individual Development Plan” system for the staff. This also includes conducting various safety and firefighting training programs for the staff
- Coordinate under Maintenance Supervisor’s instructions, all firefighting, fire prevention, evacuation and other emergency procedures to ensure safety of personnel and equipment, and protection of the environment
- Review hot and cold permits (including complementary permits), check conformity with SSHE regulations and approved as safety controller as required. Supervise the level of safety during work carried out and ensure adherence of SSHE rules defined in work permits by auditing those permits on a regular basis
- Promote the reporting of accidents/incidents and near misses. Assist Maintenance Supervisor & Contract Manager in accident investigation, incidents and near misses and follow up reporting. This includes investigating breaches of SSHE rules, providing warnings and/or informing Maintenance Supervisor & Contract Manager of major or repeated infringements for staff actions
- Supervise the checking and testing of all safety, spill response, and firefighting equipment. This includes setting schedules, ensuring maintenance is carried out to specifications, and requesting requisitioning for replacement as necessary
- Implementing procedures related to Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental protection as well as good housekeeping. These include proposing various rules, obtaining and posting signs, communicating procedures to personnel, etc.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor & Contract Manager to monitor SSHE Plan and Progress on a regular basis and alert concerned parties for the key up and coming activities to ensure that all activities in SSHE Plan are carried out without delay
- Assist Contract Manager to ensure the full implementation of SSHE Contract Requirement
- Support upon request of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Support TPM activities as the policies
- Promote company Core Value, EP-SPIRIT to team members
- At least Diploma level in Technical field, preferably bachelor degree in Safety & Occupational Health and Environment or having recommendation from previous contract
- Minimum 7 years’ experiences in SSHE, Fire prevention and Firefighting operations in Oil & Gas industry or similar or having recommendation from previous contract
- At least 5 years’ working experiences in E&P operations,
- Good communication and supervisory skills with capability to work as a team
- Skill in Job Hazard Analysis and SSHE Management System
- Good knowledge and keep abreast of SSHE legislations, International Standards and Practices on SSHE, and its application, i.e. Safety, Occupational Health and Environments Act B.E. 2554, ISO 14001, etc.,
- Good knowledge of MSDS, Chemical Handling and Spill/Emergency Responses,
- Capacity to function effectively within the culture of the organization and is an effective team player.
- Poses a valid certificate of attending Safety Officer Professional Safety Qualifications, as required by Law from a recognized training provider.
- A computer literate, MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Customer-service oriented
- Private car driving license (> 2 Years)