Research & Development-HME Senior Manager
RB (Thailand) Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001248747
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage one or more R&D HME teams, based in the same or other locations, accountable for providing R&D support to the product categories of responsibility, enabling protection and growth of the existing business as well as delivery of cost savingprograms to increase the profitability of existing products.
- Build key business relationships with senior people up to SVP level in the supply management teams, procurement, Power of 1 (Po1), regional marketing / commercial teams and wider R&D Matrix including Regulatory, R&D Category, Medical Science and ESMO
- Develop and drive strategy and prioritization of activities in alignment with business partners and targets.
- Lead development of new ways of working to improve efficiency & quality of dept. output and overall organization performance
- Identify and recommend key strategic opportunities within own area of responsibility and share opportunities with all R&D HME divisions
- Be the R&D representative/reference for the business in the region in collaboration with the local regulatory team.
- Develop and lead the team, ensuring proper resource availability and by empowering and supporting them.
- Lead the delivery of facility improvements, namely: offices and laboratories. Ensuring that a professional and compliant working environment is provided for the teams.
- Ensure that facilities and processes are operated with a prioritization to Health and Safety and also to the required standards of good manufacturing and laboratory practice. Ensure that all work performed is subject to the scrutiny of internal and externalauditors.
- Interact with other Regional HME managers to share best practices.
- Manage assigned budget.
- Influencing & interaction with senior people (up to SVP level) working within a matrix environment
- Self-starting and independent working
- Agreeing and securing resources & budget to support project delivery
- Remote management
- Multi-cultural leadership
- Provision of a fast paced scientific service to demanding customers with challenging timelines
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level (chemistry, pharmacy, chemical engineering or other relevant science) PhD or Masters
- Minimum 6 years R&D experience with a proven track record of planning, prioritization and implementation of projects as well as identifying cost saving opportunities and problem solving ability
- Proven experience with recruitment, management and development of people
- Proven experience of working in a remote managed environment and proven ability to manage remote teams
- Proven track record in collaboration with internal & external R&D and non-R&D functions
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
R&D HME SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Strong multi-cultural leadership, influencing, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to identify and communicate risks
- Capable of building strong working relationships and strong networking skills
- Strong negotiating & analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate, plan and realize significant projects involving multiple technical and scientific hurdles
- Understanding of P&L management
- Strong intellectual curiosity, appetite for exploring new and previously unchartered territories
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English and excellent presentation skills
- Performance testing and market research
- Effective selection of scale-up strategies, equipment and process parameters
- Application of quality, sustainability and regulatory standards
- Guidance to production and operations management, quality control, safety and health issues, statistics
- Ability to identify consumer unmet needs, understand motivations and behaviours by effective selection and implementation of consumer research methods
- Ability to manage, control and optimize budgets for teams and projects.
- Talent and organization development skills
How to apply
- Click APPLY NOW to submit your application.
RB (Thailand) Limited
89 AIA Capital Center, Room 2504 – 2507, 25th Floor,
Ratchadaphisek Rd., Dindaeng Sub-District,
Dindaeng District, Bangkok 10400
Tel: 02-013-6976 Fax: 02-013-6944-5
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to RB (Thailand) Ltd.
About RB (Thailand) Ltd.
RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, with sales in nearly 200 countries and operations in over 60 countries. Every day, we strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes – making a real difference.
If it’s tried and tested, we challenge it. We continually invest in research and innovation to stay ahead of the game. In fact, we are changing the game in consumer health, working with people to challenge conventional thinking – whether it is product, packaging and delivery, consumer information or marketing. That’s how we keep generating the breakthrough thinking and ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world with well-loved names such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
Ranked in the TOP 20 on the London Stock Exchange, our relentless drive to change the game and outperform has trebled our revenue since 2000 and quadrupled our market cap.
We’re just as demanding of our social and environmental impact too. We’ve cut our carbon footprint by 20% in just 5 years and set new 2020 targets; cutting water use by a 1/3, carbon by a 1/3 again, and for a 1/3 of sales to come from more sustainable products. As one of Save the Children’s largest partners, we are now committed to “Save a Child Every Minute” by helping stop deaths from diarrhoea.
Thrive in a game changing environment of high autonomy and accountability? Keen to be at the heart of the fastest growing health and hygiene company?