Research Assistant I (Breeding)
East West Seed ROH Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001252772
Our main research station in Southeast Asia - Hortigenetics Research (S.E. Asia) Limited is seeking candidates for:
RESEARCH ASSISTANT I (BREEDING)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The breeding assistant will support breeder to develop new varieties or modify existing research methods to achieve desired results in order to meet business and market requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Conduct all trial activities and special projects as assigned by plant breeder.
- Implement all aspects of breeding trials including sowing, planting, pollination, plant selection, data collection and seed harvesting.
- Observe and collect data of breeding trials.
- Prepare entries for sowing and storing in the seed room.
- Submit reports to direct supervisor for review and discussion as required.
- M.Sc. in Plant Breeding, Genetics, or equivalent field
- Practical experience in plant breeding or related field at least 1 year
- Adaptable and ability to work independently as well as project team member
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proficient in the English language
- Work located in Suphanburi
Hortigenetics Research (S.E. Asia) Limited
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to East West Seed ROH Ltd.
About East West Seed ROH Ltd.
East-West Seed introduced market-oriented plant breeding in Southeast Asia in 1982, with the mission to improve the income of smallholder farmers through high-quality vegetable seeds.
We are one of the 10 largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with a leading position in the most important Southeast Asian countries and rapid expansion into India, China, Africa and South America.
Our East-West Seed group is fast-growing, multi-cultural organization with over 4,000 employees. It has 15 R&D establishment in 7 countries. The company export to over 60 countries in tropical areas of the world. It has its headquarters in Thailand.