Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001253734
Employer Ref. Direk
The Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) is collaboration between Mahidol University (Thailand), Oxford University (UK) and the UK’s Wellcome Trust. MORU’s main office and laboratories are located within the Faculty of Tropical Medicine at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand, with study sites and collaborations across Thailand, Asia and Africa.
We are seeking a research assistant to work on a Melioidosis Research Collaborative Network (RCN) project.
- Perform data collection and curation of data from multiple hospitals
- Perform data cleaning and basic analysis under supervision
- Contribute to preparation of research reports
- Coordinate with the stakeholders in the project and microbiology team members (if required)
- Provide administrative support to the related projects and tasks as required by the supervisor
- University degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, medical science, or a related field
- Very good English, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and initiative skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about epidemiology of infectious diseases in order to fully understand the data
- Enthusiastic and able to work in a team
- Experience working with infectious diseases, particularly melioidosis
- Experience working with epidemiological data
- Experience of database software e.g. MS Access
- Experience working in a research setting
How to apply
Interested applicants, please submit your application with detailed resumé and recent photo to Assoc. Prof. Direk Limmathurotsakul.
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU)
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University
420/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
About Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) is a medical research collaboration between the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, the University of Oxford, and the Wellcome Trust (UK). Our main research interests are the epidemiology, diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment of malaria, scrub typhus, melioidosis, leptospirosis and other tropical infections which impose a substantial disease burden on rural populations throughout this populous region. MORU is looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.