Regional Project Coordinator
GIZ Office Bangkok
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001237696
The project “Sustainable Freight and Logistics in the Greater Mekong Subregion” aims to increase sustainable freight transport and logistics in at least 500 small and medium enterprises (SME) in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam (CLMV) and Thailand. In order to improve the fuel efficiency and thus the environmental footprint of freight transport operations in the region, the project works with local companies, freight associations, banks and the national governments on actions like eco-driving, better maintenance, adoption of fuel-saving technologies, enhanced access to finance for truck upgrades, green freight labeling and national action plans. A second field of action is the safe transport of dangerous goods, where the project also aims to build capacity of local companies and improve the legal framework.
The project is funded by the Switch Asia fund of the European Union, which promotes sustainable consumption and production projects across Asia. GIZ is in charge of leading the implementation of this project, in close partnership with the Mekong Institute, the GMS Freight Transport Association (FRETA) as well as GIZ’s regional Transport and Climate Change project.
The Regional Project Coordinator is responsible for
- the management support in accordance with the goals, objectives and activities agreed with the EU, and the implementing partner
- provide technical inputs to the project director, consultants, counterpart staff and other stakeholders
- representing the project, specifically vis-à-vis partner organisations, donors and other implementing organisations, the German embassy and EU representatives (in agreement with the director and co-director)
- handle the daily operational affairs assigned by the director and co-director
We are looking for a candidate who preferably possesses (the equivalent of):
- University Masters/MSc or Doctorate Degree, preferably with a focus on transport or environment
- 7-10 years’ professional experience in development cooperation or transport sector, with at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- additional working experience on freight and transport will be considered as an advantage
- written and oral knowledge of English
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- possess good inter-personal skills related to team management and networking.
- willingness to travel frequently within the GMS region
This will be a fixed-term contract, starting from January 1, 2017 until January 31, 2019.
Please submit your application and CV to Khun Chattayada via "Apply Now". The deadline for applications is Friday November 25, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Office Bangkok
Mrs. Chattayada Pattaragulwanit
193/63 Lake Rajada Office Complex, New Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to GIZ Office Bangkok
About GIZ Office Bangkok
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the German government owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH operates on behalf of German Ministries, the governments of other countries and international clients. GIZ has a record of more than 60 years working in Thailand. For the EU SWITCH Asia Projecton "Sustainable Freight and Logistics in the Mekong Region" we are currently looking for a Regional Project Coordinator.