Hanesbrands Inc. is a leading marketer of everyday apparel essentials under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, JMS/Just My Size, barely there and Wonderbra. The company sells more than 2 billion T-shirts, socks, bras, panties, underwear, hosiery, fleece, casualwear and activewear products combined each year produced in the company’s low-cost global supply chain. Hanesbrands products are sold at the largest mass-merchandise, mid-tier, department-store and club-store retailers, as well as directly to consumers via catalogs, the Internet and more than 200 company-owned U.S. retail stores.
- Net Sales (2009): $3.9 billion (No. 532 on Fortune 1,000)
- Employees worldwide: approximately 45,000
- Headquarters: Winston-Salem, N.C., U.S.
- Facilities and offices in more than 25 countries
- Spun off as an independent company in September 2006
- Publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as “HBI”
- Fiscal Year: Calendar (ends last Saturday in December)
- Chief Executive Officer: Richard A. Noll
- Corporate Web site: www.hanesbrands.com
- Sell more – Build our largest, strongest brands in core categories through innovation in key items
- Spend less – Leverage our size, scale and global reach to reduce cost, improve flexibility and provide superior service
- Generate cash – Generate and invest cash to provide superior returns for equity and debt investors
Hanesbrands products are sold in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, and the United States. International brands include Hanes, Champion, Wonderbra, Playtex, Stedman, Rinbros, Sol y Oro, Zorba, Kendall, Tensor and Ritmo.
Hanesbrands primarily produces its own products through company-owned production facilities. The company has built a low-cost global supply chain that has fabric production and sewing operations primarily centered in three geographic clusters:
- Asia – China, Thailand, Vietnam
- Central America – Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras
- Caribbean Basin– Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico
We are expanding our businesses in Asia and looking for candidates to join this challenging position:
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001228457
Employer Ref. Regional Planner
- Responsible for planning and scheduling production activities to meet customer service level objectives while always assuring a continuous production flow. In addition supporting, monitoring and maintaining, in an accurate and timely manner, work-in-process, manufacturing schedules for top level and subassemblies, inventory levels, system integrity, to achieve the planning objectives. Will possess the requisite skills and aptitude to provide cross-functional support and plan a product line. This individual will have the ability to contribute on New Product Development teams.
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly planning processes
- Planning support for multiple product lines
- Manage net requirements, past due production orders, past due planned orders and order reservations.
- Determine and manage manufacturing priorities
- Actively participate in weekly schedule adherence meetings. Track schedule versus actual production
- Achieve service level objectives
- Achieve and maintain target inventory/turns objectives
- Perform data maintenance to ensure system integrity
- Provide inventory analysis as required
- Actively participate in improvement processes
- Participate on New Product Development/Timeline teams by fulfilling tasks/deliverables for Planning. Facilitate the successful achievement of new product and event schedules
- Ability to train other associates
- BA/BS In related field or 1 - 2 years planning experience
- 1-2 years textile and apparel experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify key issues in a project or operational situation and develop ad-hoc analysis
- Strong computer skills, Excellent MS Excel, Word skill is a must
- Expert knowledge of MRP systems, with understanding of relationships among demand, supply, bill of materials and routings.
- Ability to influence peers and others with whom position has no direct authority