Regional Merchandise Manager (Fruit & Vegetable) (Northeast)
Siam Makro Public Company Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001337919
Employer Ref. update2014
Major Responsibility :-
- Local sourcing for Fruit and vegetable.
- Work closely with Merchandise Managers in order to achieve and maintain best quality and prices.
- Develop and implement strategies for local sourcing areas aligned with the company’s business objectives.
- Develop potential sources to be national suppliers.
- Managing Sale profit, margin and ROI, and also cooperating with stores in order to ensure that the stores in their own area have been achieved.
- Coordinating with QA, and other RMMs, and HO buyers for new sources and suppliers development.
- Managing transportation cost for fresh food in their own store region in order to minimize the cost per unit of fresh food, especially fruit and vegetable.
- Coordinating with stores and local suppliers in order to be smoothing operation and achieving the budget.
- Coordinating with DC and supply chain in order to ensure that there is smoothing operation and cost saving for back loading from direct sources of supplying.
- Supporting all routine job such as follow up weekly price quotation from local suppliers, weekly cost and selling price adjustment, Keying selling price on MBS system, submitting cost to CCC and etc.
- Supporting local promotion activities.
- Supporting stores and problems solving on routine job.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned fresh food category for fruit and vegetable including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers within each category.
- Monitor document and communicate supplier performance in the areas of quality, delivery and responsiveness to corrective actions and sample requests.
- Formulate sourcing strategies that support short and long term business requirements.
- Summaries problems found through monthly report.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties as requested by Senior Commercial Manager.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in local fruit and vegetable or fresh food purchasing
- Knowledge of a variety of fruits and vegetable
- Clear and definitive written communication
- Strong negotiation skill
- Enthusiastic person with a good teamwork attitude
- Able to work in up-country and traveling in other provinces from time to time
- Good computer skills
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Siam Makro Public Company Limited
About Siam Makro Public Company Limited
Makro is a cash and carry wholesaler that sells high volumes of food and non-food products to professional customers. Our mission is to distribute products with excellence in price, quality and variety to professional customers, offering them competitive advantages and opportunities for growth.
“Be ready to stand out from the crowd, let’s join our journey…Become part of Makro Family the first and only wholesale center in Thailand”.