WorldQuant is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an inter-national team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in the development of its trading processes. Continuously evolving for ever-greater efficiency enables us to trade today the way others will tomorrow.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001181465
Quantitative Researcher (in Bangkok, Thailand)
WorldQuant is a quantitative asset management firm founded in 2007 and currently has over 450 employees globally. We develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
Our research subsidiary in Bangkok is seeking electrical engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, financial engineering or any other related field majors for quantitative researcher position involving the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. Our highly accomplished senior staff will provide the new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
We offer outstanding career opportunities, which include:
- Competitive financial rewards, relative to performance and position
- Friendly and collegial working environment
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years
- Opportunity to learn from investment experts
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree from a leading university and B.S. degree from the top university in Thailand, US, (or from other leading universities in the world) in a highly analytical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative
- Ranked as top 20% in class for bachelor's degree
- Have a research scientist mind-set, i.e., be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc.
- Be competent in a programming language (C++ or C)
- Possess good English language skills
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Possess a relentless drive to succeed, supplemented by a strong work ethic
Position based in one of our research offices: Bangkok
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in ENGLISH via "APPLY NOW"
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.