Purchasing Engineer/ Senior Buyer
Tenneco Automotive (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001212227
Location Chonburi, Thailand
Report to Purchasing Manager - Thailand
This position is responsible for purchasing activities particularly in new launches from Global Purchasing perspective starting from supplier bidding list, RFQ until APQP/PPAP approval, In additional; also take responsibility of cost saving, localization, supplier strategy, supplier performance plus management which need to work very close to Supplier Development teams. This position report to Purchasing Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for supplier overall performance through monitoring and developing
Generate continusous improvement idea to do thing better in every day
- Lead for realistic component and raw materials, costing of new projects to support program management and marketing in submitting Tenneco's commercial proposal to end customers in a timely manner.
- Lead analysis/ negotiation/ summary to the team for the finalized best-fit sourcing decision (supplier selection).
- Lead supplier cost saving activities.
- Responsible for supplier overall performance through monitoring and developing.
- Generate continuous improvement idea and report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or other related fields minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a Tier-1 Automotive Industry.
- Expertise in metal part purchasing plus plastic injection, sintering, tube and machining will be advantaged.
- Familiarity in reading mechanical drawings, specs, testing, material and manufacturing processes.
- Having experience in Multi-national company.
- Good in people manner and positive thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English
- Having knowledge in Quality Systems such as ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP.
- Good project managment skills with proven success working under pressure driving projects closure.
- Negotiation skill both of internal and external parties.
- Provident Fund highest rate 12% (depended on your service year)
- Family Medical Expenses ฿10,000/calendar year
- Wedding Gift ฿5,000
- Buddhist ordination support ฿5,000
- Dental fee ฿2,500
- Special gift for new baby ฿1,000
- Life / Medical / Accident insurance
- Others welfare & allowance
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the qualified candidates. Interested applicants, please send your CV with present photo, and expected salary.
Website : http://www.tenneco.com
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Tenneco Automotive (Thailand) Limited
About Tenneco Automotive (Thailand) Limited
Tenneco is a $7.2 billion global manufacturing company with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois and approximately 24,000 employees worldwide. Tenneco is one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of emission control and ride control products and systems for the automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment markets and the aftermarket. Tenneco markets its products principally under the Monroe?, Walker? and Clevite? Elastomer brand names.
Tenneco Growth Recognized in Latest Fortune Rankings
The May 21 issue of Fortune magazine will feature its annual Fortune 500 ranking of the largest companies based on 2011 performance. Tenneco climbed 35 places and is now the 350th largest public company in the U.S. based on revenues. We also were ranked 19 on the list of companies who had the most significant growth in earnings per share last year. Tenneco has been recognized among the largest companies in any industry.
Tenneco has a bright future, and we are looking forward to seek for the qualified candidates to work with us to realize that future.
More Jobs from this employer