The Foundation For AIDS Research
Project Manager, Community and Policy [for Youth project]
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001247197
Primary Function :-
Plan, develop, implement, and coordinate community and policy-related program activities in support of adolescents and other young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) in the region. Core activities will focus on a) advocacy for HIV/AIDS treatment access and other policy priorities for YPLHIV, b) leadership and capacity development for YPLHIV, c) coordination of regional and global youth advocacy activities, and d) managing communications efforts to promote TREAT Asia’s work in these areas. This includes working with other program staff to complement the overall portfolio of advocacy, research, and training activities. Other core responsibilities include developing annual work plans and budgets, compiling progress reports and presentations, and resource mobilization.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Develop detailed annual work plans and budgets for TREAT Asia’s Youth Community and Policy program activities.
- Design, coordinate, and implement Community and Policy program activities, including youth leadership trainings and advocacy meetings, while assuming responsibility for operational and logistic requirements.
- Identify and address program participant capacity development needs through appropriate assessments and planning.
- Act as a moderator/facilitator or speaker at on-site and off-site activities, trainings and workshops, as needed.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation methods and/or tools to determine the outcomes and impact of Community and Policy program activities to guide future program content.
- Conduct site visits to local and international program partners and governmental organizations, as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other advocates, policy makers, and researchers to advance sound policy positions.
- Develop and foster communications and partnerships with national, regional, and international program partners to promote awareness of program priorities.
- Represent TREAT Asia at national, regional, and international meetings, conferences, and related events, as appropriate.
- Develop communications materials with other TREAT Asia and amfAR staff for media and other outlets, including for the TREAT Asia Report and social media platforms.
Resource Mobilization and Donor Accountability
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality grant proposals and requests for continued program funding.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to grantors on program activities, including the preparation of progress and financial reports.
Administrative and Operational
- Supervise and evaluate assigned administrative staff.
- Maintain electronic and paper files in the TREAT Asia office on individual events and programs, and provide program summary updates, as required.
- Manage activities and contracts involving consultants, vendors and sub-contractors.
- Monitor operating expenditures, maintain activities within budgetary guidelines, and ensure compliance with grant requirements.
Provide additional TREAT Asia program support and undertake special projects as directed.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (e.g., social work, counseling, nursing, public health). Minimum of three years of experience in organizing/supporting HIV/AIDS-related program activities in Asia; work history with advocacy and pediatric or youth programs preferred. Knowledge of public health and HIV/AIDS policy issues a plus. Meeting planning, social media communications and management experience helpful.
Excellent English communication skills encompassing written, verbal and public speaking abilities. Fluency in Thai; additional languages/dialects represented in the TREAT Asia Network a plus. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Significant regional and international travel is anticipated; extended work hours may be required for specific projects.
Note: Residence in Bangkok is required; no work permit is available in association with this position.
Email your CV to Human Resources Department by 15 December 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Treat Asia (amfAR) Exchange Tower, 21th Floor, Suite 2104, 388 Sukumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110 Telephone (66) 0-2663-7561 Fax (66) 0-2663-7562