Project Engineer - Renewable Energy
TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001244003
Employer Ref. update2015
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in an Engineering Discipline, preferred in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a project engineer, or similar, role in the consultancy firm, or the construction industry,and experience in wind, solar or biomass power projects is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling, cost engineering, subcontract coordination, and general project administration.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written skills.
- Willing to travel for short term missions, openness to expatriation is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and have an eye for the detail and a good team player.
- Aim at meeting the Client’s expectations
- Ability to work autonomously, efficiently to meet personal and general objectives.
- Dynamic and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and good at planning concurrent assignments and a good organizer, even in unexpected circumstances.
- Strong communication skills are a must - communicates regularly with customers, subcontractors and vendors on technical topics.
- Strong understanding of Contracts and ability to read and understand all technical Scope, Terms and Conditions.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, Auto CAD and multiple engineering design and document control software) and knowledge of simulation software (like WAsP, WindPro, PVSyst) or of GIS software is a strong asset.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Perform and deliver engineering and consulting services during the development of renewable energy projects (wind, solar, biomass) in South-East Asia.
Main duties includes
- Evaluate the most appropriate technical solutions
- Technico-economic optimization of the projects
- Prefeasibility studies, Feasibility studies
- Support the development and procurement of the projects
- Conduct site visits and inspections during construction and commissioning
- Regular contact with the clients and/or contractors
- Technical background in the development and realization of wind / solar / biomass power projects
- Think wide and with initiative to detect potential risks for the projects and propose mitigation measures
- Take part in the development of the team (expertise, innovation)
- Direct support to the Project Manager for successful coordination of project.
- Under the guidance of the project manager, able to monitor the planning, the budget, the safety aspects and the technical quality of the project.
- Coordinates and reviews the Engineering disciplines’ design reviews and the cooperation with involved Engineering units from abroad.
Tractebel Engineering Ltd. offers an attractive remuneration package with high level trainings and opportunities for overseas business travel.
Be part of a pioneering team in one of the world’s most renowned energy companies.
If you are a fast learner, a good team player, and looking for a challenge that offers high potential for advancement, please send a comprehensive resume detailing education, work experience, references, salary requirements, and a recent photo via APPLY NOW
142 Sukhumvit Road, Kwaeng Klongtoey
Khet Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Tel +662 118 7200 - fax +662 118 7299
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
About TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
Tractebel Engineering,is one major engineering company with about 4,400 employees around the world and provides high quality, state-of-the-art engineering consultancy services for the energy, water and infrastructure sectors.
Since 2010, Tractebel Engineering has established a Bangkok based hub for the development of projects in the ASEAN region (overseeing branches in the Philippines and in Indonesia). With a steadily growing team of over 55 experts in the region, based on a good mix of expatriates and strong local competences, the company primarily covers engineering services for hydropower, renewable, thermal power, Gas & LNG and T&D.
As Project Manager in Hydropower projects, you will be involved in engineering studies, Owner’s Engineer missions, and/or technical assistance to owners/developpers assignments. Your projects will ne regional (Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar) with short term missions possible. You will work in close collaboration with Tractebel Engineer’s Hydropower community, especially world-renowned TE French and Germany offices (Coyne et Bellier / Lahmeyer International).
Tractebel Engineering Ltd. is now established in the heart of Bangkok (Two Pacific Tower, Nana BTS station).
This office is offering services in Thailand and all over South East Asia.
To follow the expansion of our engineering activities we are now seeking talented and motivated staff to join our team.
More Jobs from this employer