(ASEAN University Network / Southeast Asia Engineering Education Development Network) http://www.seed-net.org AUN/SEED-Net has been established to promote human resource development in engineering for sustainable socio-economic development of the ASEAN region. The network consists of 26 member institutions in ASEAN with assistance from 14 Japanese supporting universities. Full operation of AUN/SEED-Net Project started in 2003 with main support from the Japanese Government through Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Project activities have been implemented by the Member Institutions and AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat with support from 14 leading Japanese Supporting Universities and JICA Project Office for AUN/SEED-Net.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001277236
Office Location: Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
Length of Salary (2016 Actual): THB 31,500 – 37,000 per month plus medical insurance, annual bonus
Contract Period: till 10 March 2018 as the end date of ongoing project phase (extension becomes possible after the next project phase is officially approved)
Main duties and Responsibilities:
Under supervision of Unit Chief, Program Officer is expected to perform day-to-day functions and additional ad hoc tasks assigned to support the project team members. The position holder will work closely with other Program Officers in executing project activities to produce the end results forwarding to the project objectives.
Details of duties/responsibilities:
Plan and implement Graduate Degree Program (scholarship), Research Program (research fund), Mobility and Networking Program (conference management, trip arrangement, and journal publication) and University-Industry Linkage Program (seminar management and promotion)
Monitor the progress of scholarship students studying at member universities
Coordinate with member universities to implement programs mentioned above
Prepare contracts to be signed with member universities
- Disburse fund, monitor its usage by member universities and their staff, and verify financial records of fund recipients following the project/JICA financial rules.
Program Officer is expected to perform other duties relevant to project activities as assigned.
Essential: Position holder must be or possess the following qualifications:
- Thai nationality
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Excellent communication skills with strong oral and written in English
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proactive, committed and flexible to work with colleagues and project partners from different backgrounds
- Management skills of assigned tasks with priorities
- Able to work extra hours and sometimes on weekends
- Able to travel within ASEAN countries
Interested applicants are invited to send application documents (CV, copy of academic transcripts, a recent photo, and a cover letter with the information about your expected salary) by email.
The project information is available from website (http://www.seed-net.org/).