Webster University Thailand is a fully accredited American University and an international campus of Webster University with campuses in USA and Europe. Due to expansion, we are looking for qualified candidates to fill these positions:
Program Coordinator for MBA
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001249327
Dept or Office: School of Business and Technology
A Global American university in Thailand.
Webster University Thailand is an extended international campus of Webster University based in St. Louis, Missouri in the US, which is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit university with campus locations around the world.
In 100 years, Webster University has grown to become a leading light in higher education, ranked by USA News & World Report as one of the top among universities across the US for its international campus program.
Supervises the delivery of courses offered by the School of Business and Technology to students in the MBA Program, in accordance with curriculum / syllabus that are designed to meet the standard criteria of Thai Qualification Framework for Higher Education (TQF-HEd) and internal ( IQA for CHE) and external ( EQA for ONESQA) quality assurance audits. Will also be responsible of the day-today administration of the MBA program as well supervising both fulltime and adjunct faculty members assigned to the program. The successful candidate will also be assigned to teach a set number of courses for one Academic/Contract year and is expected to produce research works for the program.
This position is directly reporting to the Head of Department, SBT and is based in Bangkok.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with HOD to set goals/objectives to be accomplished during each academic year.
- Preparing Annual plan for the MBA Program
- Ensure course planning for the academic year for the MBA Program is complete.
- Ensure faculty requirements are being met as per course requirements and CHE regulations.
- Assist the HOD with preparing reports that may be required for strategic decision making.
- Plan and implement all Quality Assessment requirements for the MBA Program
- Prepare the mid-year departmental report for the MBA Program
- Prepare the end of year program report for the MBA program
- Prepare and present the Annual QA reports, along with all re-supporting documentation for the MBA program
- Act as the primary academic adviser for MBA Students
- Together with the HOD, interview and hire new faculty as required.
- Together with HR and HOD, assist in orienting new faculty with University policies and procedures.
- Ensure academic standards are met in all program course offerings. Review all course syllabi prior to the commencement of a semester/term.
- Oversee faculty teaching performance through class observations. Conduct one on one meetings with MBA faculty to review their mid and end of year evaluations.
- Together with the HOD, organize end of term exam review committees and ensure recommendations are implemented in the MBA
- Conduct meetings with MBA students once every semester.
- Make recommendations to HOD for faculty contract renewal.
- Conduct semester departmental meetings with faculty and meetings with students in the program.
- Serve as advisor to program student clubs, if applicable (or assign responsible person) in the MBA.
- Organize and schedule defense panels for students defending their thesis and contacting external panel members
- Assign thesis advisers and secondary readers once thesis proposals are approved
- Will be assigned a set number of courses to teach in the MBA Program.
- Must be able to produce research for the program
- Required to serve on committees (maximum two) as assigned by HoD and/or Academic Director.
- Review all course syllabi before the beginning of a semester/term and provide feedback to faculty members. Submit approved syllabi to Office of Academic Affairs for filing purposes.
Requirements – Education and experience
The ideal candidate must have a PhD or a DBA in either the fields of Business, Management, Finance or other related fields; at least 5 years academic administration experience, research active, and must be willing to start and relocate to Bangkok, Thailand before January 16, 2017.
We are looking for an individual who has strong job commitment, enthusiastic, self confident and hardworking. If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like to be part of Webster University’s rich multicultural team, send your CV with cover letter via APPLY NOW or please contact:
Webster University Thailand
Human Resource Department
143 Moo 5, Tambon Sampraya, Cha-am, Phetchaburi 76120, Thailand
Phone:+66-(0)-32-456-162 (up to) 8