Product Development Scientist
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001236721
Report to : Product Development Scientist
As part of innovation centre the role contributes to the success of the team by execute product development portfolio, to help achieve innovation centre objective
Developing sciences and technology required to achieved business objectives
- Work with Marketing/Brand to generate and translate product concepts into technically feasible and consumer-relevant products using information from various products testing during all phases of product development.
- Applies scientific, technologies & nutrition experiences and work with cross functional team to deliver new products portfolio to achieve business objectives.
- Applies expertise of ingredient functionality, interactions and other fundamental food science principles for optimum product design.
- Utilizes structured process of analysis, design, contingency planning and resolution for product development process.
Deploy new science & technology-fesible products
- Deploy new science & technology-feasible products and work with upstream/downstream development function i.e. culinary development team and sensory team to deliver new products with appropriate consumer acceptance.
- Integrate various unit operations and demonstrate ability to scale up new products in the Thai Union manufacturing line.
Manufacturing efficiency enhancement
- Consistently identify the opportunities to achieve better COGS, quality products.
- Apply scientific and technology experience to improve manufacturing efficiency and cost target
- Ensure that all product development projects are in the timeline and budget set
- Ensure that all product development projects help the company achieve sustainable technology
Education & training and implementation support
- To be updated on key product development trend by forester relationship with key external parties such as leading technology forum, universities, contract laboratories and venders
- Support the development of the technology guideline as part of stakeholder education to support roll out programs under innovation center
- Support any successful implantation of innovation center programs
- Perform other assignments as requested by direct managers and senior management
- Master or Bachelor degree in food science , food technology , biochemistry or other relevant technical areas with commercial background (MBA is advantage)
- Fluent in English
- At least 7 years relevant experience in industrial food research and development
- Previous background in applying innovation and technologies related to product development projects.
- Excellence understanding of consumer packaged goods industry
- Excellent understanding of product development process and ready to execute product development portfolio.
- Able to apply scientific knowledge in executing the product development project.
- Experience working in the processing area or being involved in project driven by process or technology is a must.
- Excellence project management skills to ensure that all action plans go as planned
- Capable of successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- High work interest in Research & Development functions with good sense of self-motivation and responsibility and can work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups: executives, managers, and staff
Work Date : Monday to Friday
Location : Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, N Building, 6th Floor 272 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi District, Bangkok 10400
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Thai Union Group Public Company Limited
About Thai Union Group Public Company Limited
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited or ‘TU’, (listed in Stock Exchange of Thailand) is the world’s seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 38 years.
Today, Thai Union is regarded as the world’s largest processor of shelf-stable tuna products with annual sales exceeding THB120 Billion and a global workforce of over 46,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
The company is dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient and quality seafood products for healthy families worldwide. Its brand portfolio includes Thai-leading brands Sealect, Fisho and Bellotta; as well as highly recognized international brands Chicken of the Sea, John West, Petit Navire, Parmentier, Mareblu, King Oscar and Century.
As a company committing to innovation and globally responsible business practices, Thai Union is proud to be a member of the United Nations Global Compact, a founding member of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) and the first Thai company in the food products sector to be recognized as a member of Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) Emerging Markets 2015 – for the second year running.
For further information, please visit www.thaiuniongroup.com