Product Development Manager
Mars Petcare (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001192603
This position is an important role to drive the growth ambition through wet projects related in Asia. This role will be the main Asia wet product development team contact to execute regional innovation/renovation and improvement projects with factories in region. He /she is responsible and leads for design and executes consumer relevant product propositions within global brand design frameworks, pets’ nutrition requirement and leveraging Mars best practice, which outperform targeted competitor products in terms of product performance and value for money.
- Develop and maintain Wet Pet food products to meet the requirements of our consumers (regionally) and comply with Mars global brand direction
- Provide technical input and align product brief together related teams
- Initiate prototyping of product based on the product design brief
- Ensure that the products developed and produced at the Mars factories
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in each launch/roll out country
- Check patent opportunities by consult with IP representative
- Lead perform project risks assessment with cross functional involvement
- Response the implementation and Bill of Material (BOM) data transfer to the business operating system
- Ensure the accuracy recipe is available for control and circulation in timely manner
- Maintain and improve the existing recipe system to ensure high quality accurate-on time input to BOM system and facilitate system
- Agree and ensure the consumer research deliver on time, search for external supporting information to support claims, drive collaboration both internal & external cooperation with concerned parties during the product development
- Conduct product testing to ensure product performance and implement product into production scale
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all product specifications, supporting document / information for SRA include product launch/relaunch and any document inquiries
- Provide leadership, technical coaching and mentoring which engages the Wet Product Development team
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Food Science, Food Engineering, or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in food factory, research and development background is preferable
- Good communication in English
- Proven experience in conducting and delivering innovation projects including implementation activities
- Good understanding of project management
- Ability to use software and systems for recipe development and project management
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Understanding of raw material functionality and nutrition
- Consumer understanding and can apply consumer insights into product design
- Preferably a good understanding of dog and cat food manufacturing or similar industry (ie. meat industry processing)
- Scientific methods and mindset
- Pets Lover is preferable
Interested candidates, please submit your CV with full details of working experience to
Mars Thailand Recruitment Team
Mars Petcare (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
799 Mu.4 T. Chantuk, A. Pakchong
More information about us, please visit our websites:
or follow FB: https://www.facebook.com/MarsThailandRecruitment/
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Mars Petcare (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Mars Petcare (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
…from “Effem” to “Mars” …
A global company with family values, Mars Products are consumed in over 100 countries worldwide.
Mars, Incorporated is the leader for each of the main business segments we choose to compete in; branded snack foods, petcare products and main meal foods. Our brands include many of the largest brands in the industry, PEDIGREE the largest dog care brand in the world, M&M’s the largest snackfood brand in the world, and WHISKAS the most preferred cat food brand.
At Mars, we share special beliefs about the way our business should be run. These beliefs, the Five principles into a practical guide for running an effective business. They are the explanation of our success today and the formula for our future.
You have probably heard that working for Mars is different. It is. We are one of the world’s largest privately-owned businesses and our philosophy, culture and style set us apart from other organizations.
Mars Thailand is a wholly owned unit of Mars, Incorporated. With our commitment, and unwavering faith in the country, we successfully commenced a manufacturing facility in the Pakchong District, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, and started producing our first petcare products in April 1999. “ Good Products plus good Associates make a good Business” – this was one of Forrest Mars, Sr.’s key guidelines for running the company over 70 years ago and it still hold true today.
Mars Thailand has a dynamic, action-oriented culture, where each individual’s contributions are encouraged and recognized. We are committed to developing our employees and growing our business aggressively across the world.
Connect with us…
Grow with us…
Achieve with us…
Prosper with us…
Need to know us more, please visit our website: www.mars.com