Bureau Veritas (Thailand) Ltd.
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in conformity assessment and certification services.
We help our clients to improve their performances by offering servicesand innovative solutions in order to ensure that their products,infrastructures and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and socialresponsibility.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.
Group Key Figures :
- 59,000 employees (2012/12)
- 2012 revenue: €3.9 billion
- 1,330 offices and laboratories, in 140 countries
- 400,000 clients
- 8 global businesses with leadership positions
- 900 accreditations and delegations
- Bureau Veritas is a listed company on the Euronext Paris stock exchange
Process Safety Engineer / Risk & Safety Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001255262
Scope of activities:
- Responsible to all BV Process Safety and Risk & Safety services delivered to his units clients
- Preparing and executing process safety activities and deliverables including Process Safety Management, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, HSE Philosophies / Policies, HSE Plans, consequence modelling, Occupational Health and Safety etc.
- Participating in HAZOP, HAZIDs and SIL reviews, occasionally as Chairman.
- Maintain and develop the Process safety services, including Engineering tools, procedures, work instruction
- Participate in training and career development activities and assessments to improve staffs competencies in the group and other disciplines. Provide coaching and support for less experienced personnel as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain the recurrent (incl. repeat order) and new business with relevant clients and prospects
- Prepare and update the matrix of qualifications of all his BL personnel in accordance with the respective BL guideline
- Responsible to arrange, choose, qualify sub-contractors to provide services within this business line.
- Takes action as appropriate in order to control nonconformities detected in the course of service monitoring or auditing and requests for corrective action in coordination with BV Thailand QHSE Manager
- Discuss and establish prices and contracts with the sub-contractors that has chosen for services
- Organizes monitoring and the supervision of all personnel internal or external involved with activities and services within his unit.
- Liaise with relevant Authorities, Accreditation bodies , Trade & Industry Association etc. for BV’s related business activities
- Prepares monthly activity reports for Management
- Any other assignments
- Participate in development of Department Strategic Plans and Budgets
- Conducting safety studies and risk assessments both qualitative and quantitative including process safety reviews and audits.
- Liaising with Technical Centers, Project management and client.
- Support Business Development activities incommercial activities incl. penetrating new client / market and launching of new services, preparation of proposal and technical meeting with client
- Bachelor/ Master in Engineering or equivalent degree preferably in Chemical or Process Engineering or Occupational, Health & Safety Engineering
- At least 10 years experience of working in the process industry and energy, oil and gas, refining, petrochemical or relevant sector
- Good knowledge of general process safety, process safety management, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, OH&S regulatory requirements, industry codes and principles of engineering
- Fluent command of spoken and written in English with computer literacy