PPL-Application Engineer, Bearings – SEA 1 position
Saint - Gobain Sekurit (Thailand) Co., Ltd. /Performance Plastics- PPL
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001254083
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
- Responsible for Bearings SBU product design, new application development and project management through direct communication with customers, Sales, Global R&D/Application Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams. Projects will primarily be associated with HVAC, motorcycle product & automotive product development but may also encompass additional product areas.
- Provide technical support to SEA customers, Sales, Manufacturing and Quality teams.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THIS JOB
- To provide technical support to Sales and R&D projects by assisting in development of SBU Bearings product designs to meeting specified performance requirements/criteria. Practically, this will include development of product drawings, material selection, prototype samples, test/evaluation programmes, etc.
- To lead and/or assist any new applications and projects developments in SEA market by coordinating with customers and local Product Manager, Sales, Engineering and Global Bearings Application Engineering, R&D, etc.), ensuring agreed activities progressed as per plan.
- To liaise with the customer either directly or through Sales team to establish all performance criteria for new projects/ applications.
- To establish relationships with customers to understand customers’ processes and requirements to increase the effectiveness of customer technical support level.
- To manage the resultant projects through the Company project system, from initial enquiry through project pre-feasibility review, prototype/sample production, and product assembly trial, testing until hand over the project to mass production team. To also maintain project records, drawings and activities through the use of company database/procedure.
- To support or coordinate prototype assembly and test programmes, analysis of results and assists in production of documented test reports.
- To provide technical support to customers when needed. For instance, when customer uses our product for the first time, finds any issue relevant to our products, etc.
- To support Marketing activities such as Tech-day, exhibitions, product training to both internal team and customers, etc.
- To provide technical support to manufacturing and QA team to address quality issues relevant to the design of the product.
- To become, and to remain, technically ‘expert’; in the field of Bearings products including Norglide and Tolerance rings and any other products the Company develops.
- To assist or lead in any continuous improvement activities which align with Department and Company objectives and targets
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Company.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Saint - Gobain Sekurit (Thailand) Co., Ltd. /Performance Plastics- PPL
About Saint - Gobain Sekurit (Thailand) Co., Ltd. /Performance Plastics- PPL
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, PPL Division
Worldwide Leader in Engineered Solutions.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (PPL), part of the Innovative Materials sector, is a recognized leader in advanced polymer technology. Its affiliation with Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, enables access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facilities around the world. With this full support of global resources, as well as our seasoned and unparalleled materials know-how, we can ensure that we are bringing the latest in product technology to the marketplace.
We are urgently looking for high-caliber personnel to meet our expansion needs. Attractive remuneration and benefits are offered to successful candidates.