Brighton College International School Bangkok
Piano Teacher and Accompanist
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001248213
BRIGHTON COLLEGE BANGKOK
Brighton College is delighted to have opened its third sister school in Bangkok, one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and successful capital cities. Brighton College Bangkok opened in September 2016, on an iconic and purpose-built 20-acre campus in central Bangkok, and will
comprise of a Pre-Prep (for 500 pupils aged 2 to 8), a Prep School (for 600 pupils aged 8 to 13) and a Senior School (for 400 pupils aged 13 to 18), with a pupil capacity of 1,500. It aims to become one of Asia’s leading schools.
Brighton College Bangkok will deliver the Brighton College curriculum, leading to IGCSEs and A-levels/IB Diploma, and its pupils will aspire to the leading universities of the world, including Oxbridge and the US Ivy League. The College will seek accreditation from COBIS and the ISC, and membership of the HMC and IAPS.
Brighton College Bangkok will benefit from a partnership with Brighton College, the UK’s most academically successful co-educational school, and with Brighton College Abu Dhabi and Brighton College Al Ain, its two sister schools in the Middle East. The Brighton family of schools currently educates more than 4,000 pupils.
PRE-PREP SCHOOL – opened in September 2016
Brighton College Bangkok Pre-Prep School openedin September 2016 in purpose-built and self-contained facility on the College campus. The Pre-Prep will have a capacity for 500 pupils aged 2 to 8 in its Pre-Nursery and six year groups of Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, and Year 4.
Hours of Work: According to the college timetable designed by the management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, preparing and delivering one-to-one piano lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses
- Differentiating lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
- Acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Entering and preparing pupils for examinations
- Motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- Liaising with academic staff and parents
- Creating and maintaining a network of contacts to ensure work continuity
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements
- Assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- Managing a rotational timetable and providing lesson times for pupils
- Accompanying choir rehearsals and concerts
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience of individual teaching and success in external examinations
- Piano Grade VIII ABRSM or equivalent and excellent sight reading skills
- Ability to accompany ensembles and solo performances alike
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, in order to build relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Additional teaching courses/qualifications would be beneficial
- The ability to play and/or teach a second instrument may be advantageous
- Past experience of running ensembles may also be advantageous
- A competitive wage
To apply, please send the following to Mr David Tongue, Head Master:
- An application letter, addressed to the Head Master of no more than one and a half sides, outlining your strengths and stating why you wish to be considered for the role;
- Your CV, including contact details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed Application Form, which can be found on our website: http://brightoncollegebangkok.com/recruitment/vacancies/
Brighton College Bangkok is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Should your application be successful, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.