Personal Assistant to CEO
Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001232861
Employer Ref. Lao
Job Title: Personal Assistant to CEO
Division: Office of the CEO
Report to: CEO
Job Code: Job No. RP003.C/O
Date of verification (JD): October 2016
Duty Station: Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane, Lao PDR
Job Summary / Job Statement:
The job holder provides a full range of executive and administrative support to the CEO to ensure quality coordination of activities, high quality outputs and high level communication across the MRC Secretariat.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide executive secretarial, administrative, logistic, and protocol support to the CEO or Officer-in-Charge (O-I-C) of the MRCS in the CEO’s absence, including but not limited to meeting arrangements, travel arrangements, collating of speeches and briefing materials as well as supporting documentation for CEO on official trips and meetings in liaison with responsible staff and others;
- Act as focal person for the OCEO on matters related to the organisation. Disseminate information and changes regarding the administrative management of the organisation including staff notification regarding O-I-C arrangements in the absence of the CEO;
- Coordinate scheduling of Senior Staff Meetings and other management meetings; take minutes of these meetings and ensure timely distribution of these minutes to concerned staff and follow up on implementation of decisions;
- Prepare official correspondence from the CEO to MRC’s Council and JC members, NMCs, diplomatic missions and other international organisations following appropriate protocols and MRC’s rules of procedures, and provide copy-editing support to all other correspondence and reports as required;
- Manage the flow of outgoing correspondence (drafted by OCEO and other Divisions to be signed by CEO) presented to the OCEO for signature, ensuring grammatical accuracy, completeness, formatting and adherence to administrative procedures established in the MRCS administrative manuals and MRC’s rules of procedures;
- Work closely with Chief Strategy & Partnership Officer, with Governance Officer in Administration Division and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist in Planning Division, to ensure external contact details are up-to-date and accurate at all times;
- Work closely with the Chief Strategy and partnership officer in ensuring effective and high-level internal communication from CEO to the organization;
- Undertake special projects requested by the CEO, including assisting in the organisation of international seminars/conferences when required;
- Provide copy-editing support as required;
- Perform other relevant tasks as required and assigned by the CEO.
Scope of Authority:
- Supervision requirements: None.
- Level of autonomy: Decision making follows defined procedures. The position does not administer a budget, yet has responsibility for ensuring the financial accountability of MRC.
- Level of problem solving required: Problem solving skill is expected and the incumbent must display sensitivity, initiative and creativity
- Level and type of communications required: Communications are wide, within and outside the organisation, and require considerable oral and written skills.
An advanced university degree in social or political sciences, law, public relations or public administration
- TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered.
- 7 years of experience in international cooperation, public and international relations, strategic communication, and diplomacy;
- Experience in secretarial support or administrative work at senior management level in international organizations is an asset;
- Experience and knowledge in water resources development and management is an advantage.
The remuneration package, subject to change, includes (i) annual net base salary exempt from tax by Lao authorities, starting at US$ 33,440 (M-11, step I); (ii) MRC’s contribution to staff member’s Provident Fund of 14% of basic salary upon completion of 3 years in service; (iii) Contribution of MRC to Health and Accident insurances (on shared basis with employee); (iv) other entitlements and benefits such as dependency allowance, 6 weeks’ annual vacation; sick leave, maternity leave etc.
Non-resident staff members receive an additional (i) 7% of basic salary for Post Adjustment allowance; (ii) 7% of basic salary for Hardship allowance; (iii) Rental subsidy of 40% of the rent rate up to maximum of US$ 6,000 annual; (iv) Education Grant of 75% of max. expense of US$ 13,000; (v) Travel cost and Shipment expenses on assignment and upon separation; (vi) other entitlements and benefits such as Relocation Grant allowance, Home Leave Travel, Education Grant Travel, etc.
The duration of the assignment of MRC Riparian Professional Staff is up to maximum 6 years according to 1995 Mekong Agreement and Procedural Rules.
THE MRCS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO APPOINT A CANDIDATE AT A LEVEL LOWER THAN THE ADVERTIZED LEVEL OF THE POST.
- The Job Description is subject to revisions by the MRC.
The Job Descriptions and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates must send his/her application via e-mail to the National Mekong Committee in the candidate’s home country as per details below with a copy to the MRCS via "Apply Now"
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
Lao National Mekong Committee
Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Tel. (856-21) 260 983 Fax. (856-21) 260 984
Thai National Mekong Committee
Department of Water Resources
180/3 Rama 6 Road, Soi Phibul Watana Building
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel. (66-2) 271 6165, 271 6620
Fax. (66-2) 298 6605
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-4) 825 4785 Fax. (84-4) 825 6929
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
About Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
The Mekong River Commission
The Mekong River Commission (MRC) was established by the 1995 Agreement on Co-operation for the Sustainable Development of the Mekong River Basin, between the governments of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam. The role of the MRC is to coordinate and promote cooperation in all fields of sustainable development, utilization, management and conservation of the water and related resources of the Mekong River Basin.
The MRC Secretariat is the operational arm of the MRC. It provides technical and administrative services to the Joint Committee and the Council to achieve the MRC’s mission.
VISION for the Mekong River Basin:
An economically prosperous, socially just and environmentally sound Mekong River Basin
VISION for the Mekong River Commission:
A world class, financially secure, International River Basin Organisation serving the Mekong countries to achieve the basin Vision
MISSION of the Mekong River Commission
To promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries' mutual benefit and the people's well-being
- Mutual respect
- Results orientation