Oceanfreight Operation Officer (Import)
Toll Global Forwarding (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001228124
Division: Toll Global Forwarding
Department: Ocean operations
Reports to (position): Oceanfreight Supervisor or assistant Manager - Thailand
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Communicate with customers in a professional manner. Produce shipping orders and documents HB/L Check and approve MB/L with the carriers Self-checked on accuracy of internal and external documents Full fill other documentation as required by customers Process payment to carriers/co-loaders and invoicing to customers. Ensure that all customer’s requirements are fulfilled within the deadlines, compliance with SOP’s and related KPI. Other jobs as assigned by the Supervisor , This role can be an excellent starting point for a career within Shipping and Logistics.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle day to day operation management of a team handling import shipments/bookings.
- Manage the co-ordination with carriers / customers / warehouse / vendors, to ensure smooth delivery of shipments.
- Co-ordinate with operations staff for timely & accuracy in billing & Job File closing
- To troubleshoot shipment or delivery issues.
- Manage Import permit declarations and custom clearance
- Responsible to ensure systematic, efficient and high quality daily operations
- Effectively manage company’s operations and relationship with customers & vendors
- Work closely with internal departments to coordinate customers’ shipment
- Build and maintain good rapport with customers to fulfilled their requirement
- Additional work/ duties as instructed by management
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
- At least 1 years of direct working experience with freight forwarder or shipping line company
- Service minded , self-motivated, energetic , hardworking and comfortable to work in dynamic working environment.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in Ms office applications.
- Good communication skills in both Thai and English
- Business acumen and result oriented
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge logistic or supply chain industry is a definite advantage
- Being able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Team leader & player – ability to build and work in a team environment
- Fluent and Thai Language (written and Spoken)
- Comprehensive English Language Skills
- Being able to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work across all functional teams
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Result oriented, and goal to improve company’s profitability and maintain growth momentum. Experience with data analysis and preparing management reports is essential. Good business sense in interpreting data and translating into business recommendations. Excellent problem solving skills to support new products and implement corrective actions.
Tertiary Bachelor Degree (General business, Marketing, engineering) or related field.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- Implementation of agreed objectives
- Discusses with superior before proceeding major activities.
- Recommends to superior all other items.
Interested candidates are invited to e-mail a full resume, stating present and expected salary and enclosing a recent photograph to:
Toll Global Forwarding ( Thailand ) Limited
16th Floor, One Pacific Place , 140 Sukhumvit Road,
Contact Khun Krittaya Summart Tel : 6530590-7 ext 102
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Toll Global Forwarding (Thailand) Limited
About Toll Global Forwarding (Thailand) Limited
Toll Global Forwarding (Thailand) Limited
International freight forwarding and advanced supply chain management services.
Toll Group is a leading provider of integrated logistics operating out of the Asia Pacific region, with a global reach, with head quarter in Australia. We generate annual revenue in excess of A$8.7 billion. We employ more than 45,000 people over a network of some 1,200 sites in more than 50 countries. Our vision is to provide an unrivalled set of global supply chain capabilities to our customers, and to create sustainable value for our shareholders.