Marketing Executive (Bangkok, Thailand)
DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001252557
DFDL is a leading international law firm specialized in frontier markets with regional legal, tax and advisory investment expertise developed throughout the Mekong region (Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam), Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Singapore.
With a team of over 140 local and foreign lawyers and advisers in 10 offices in Asia and three collaborating firms in Cambodia, Indonesia and the Philippines, we provide expert advice and innovative solutions to our clients, with a particular focus on:
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy, Mining, and Infrastructure
- Real Estate and Construction
We are looking for an experienced marketing and business development professional to provide support to our Thailand business unit and other parts of the firm. The successful candidate should have a solid marketing background, with experience in a professional services environment preferred, and enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
Reports to: Business Development/Marketing Manager
Key external relationships: Current and potential clients, business associations, chambers of commerce, the media, and similar organizations
Key internal relationships: Marketing and business development team, senior management, legal staff, particularly those who interact directly with clients
Salary range: Competitive, varying based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant
Position type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Working hours: 9am-6pm with a one hour lunch break, Monday to Friday
Main duties of the role:
The main duties of the role include the following:
Internal and External Communications
- Draft both internal and external communications and newsletters; and
- Liaise with partners, advisers, and the business development team across the firm to ensure that internal and external communications are disseminated effectively.
Publications and Research
- Support partners and managers to identify clients, and to design and develop proposals, capability statements, and deal lists;
- Assist managers with internal and external publications including articles, investment guides, submissions for legal directories, and other business development and marketing collateral; and
- Conduct research into relevant issues in marketing, business development, and the law to support the firm’s regional growth and the implementation of its strategic marketing plan.
Client Relationship Management
- Serve as the initial point of contact for new prospects as well as on business development and marketing issues; and
- Play a key role in implementing the firm’s regional client relationship programs.
- Plan and execute events;
- Oversee networking activities, recommend suitable events and speaking engagements to partners and advisers, liaise and coordinate with external organizers; and
- Design and produce promotional materials including brochures, firm profiles and hand-outs, and corporate gifts.
Competencies, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
- A university graduate in marketing, business, or other relevant fields of study.
- Has at least five years’ experience working in marketing and business development or a related role in Southeast Asia covering Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Has an understanding of various Southeast Asian, European, North American and other social and business cultures, and how people with those cultural backgrounds interact.
- Takes an analytical and structured approach when researching new business opportunities and designing business development strategies.
- Takes a proactive and effective approach to client management, networking and relationship development/management.
- Has advanced communication skills in spoken and written English and Thai.
- Has well-rounded presentation skills in Thai and English.
- Able to take the initiative, be self-motivated, and pay close attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously, cope with competing demands, and prioritize tasks.
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in the marketing and business development function in a medium size law firm or a professional services/consulting firm.
- An ability in graphic design ability.
- Fluency in another regional language.
Ms. Narumol Purarattanapong
Tel. No. +66 2 636 3282
Applications should include a curriculum vitae or resume, accompanied by a covering letter outlining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position, then send E-mail via "Apply Now" or submit in person to DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Ltd. at 9th Floor, The Dusit Thani Building 946 Rama IV Road, Silom, Bangkok 10500, Thailand.
All applications and expressions of interest will be treated confidentially.
DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Ltd.
9th Floor, The Dusit Thani Building
946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Limited
About DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Limited
DFDL Mekong (Thailand) Ltd. was founded in the Mekong Region in 1994. We specialize in providing international standard legal services in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
DFDL has a team of over 300 staff, including 130+ lawyers and advisers, working closely together within a fast growing network of 13 offices in Asia.
Due to the growth of our regional tax practice group we are looking to recruit highly enthusiastic tax professionals to join us in working with leading companies on a variety of Thai and regional tax projects in Asia.
We are looking to fill the following positions: