Market Executive(Chinese skills required)/Market Executive(Chinese skills required)
Ctrip (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001224988
- Train new hotels on how to use the extranet, manage rates and availability on site.
- Assist in activation of hotels.
- In consult with Market Managers and Assistant Market Managers manage supplier accounts.
- Resolve all issues relating to accounting, allotment, notification, cancellations, etc.
- Participate in market and competition research.
- Evaluate production and determine follow up action.
- Prepare reports as necessary.
- Co-ordinate merchandising activities for hotel partners with special deals and promotions.
- Be responsible for timely and accurate delivery of content and photos for new and existing hotels.
- Manage other ad-hoc administrative requests and operative tasks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Very good command in both written and spoken English & Mandarin.
- Strong Team Player and goal oriented person.
- Computer skills required.
- Education in Tourism related field is an advantage.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Ctrip (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Ctrip (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Ctrip.com International Ltd. (CTRP) was founded in 1999 in Shanghai, China. The company is a leading provider of travel services including accommodation reservation, transportation ticketing, packaged tours and corporate travel management. Ctrip’s market cap has grown by more than 30 times since its listing on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange in 2003. In 2014, the company’s gross transaction value reached USD24.5 billion and total commission revenue reached USD1.3 billion.
In 2009 and 2010, Ctrip invested in ezTravel in Taiwan and Wing On Travel in Hong Kong, expanding service coverage to include Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau as well as additional destinations throughout Asia. Ctrip invested in ToursForFun.com in 2014, bringing its services to North America.
Ctrip's hotel reservation network includes around 1,000,000 hotels in 200 countries and territories around the world. Ctrip’s air ticketing products cover over 5,000 cities on six continents. The company offers its services through an advanced transaction and service platform consisting of mobile apps, websites and a centralized, toll-free, 24-hour customer service center. Currently app downloads exceed 1 billion. Hotel bookings on Ctrip’s mobile channels account for over 75% of online hotel reservation volume, and flight bookings through wireless devices comprise over 60% of online flight reservations. Ctrip’s ticket booking platform offers air, train and long-haul bus ticketing services on a centralized reservation system with a highly efficient fulfillment infrastructure.
Ctrip also provides vacation packages and guided tour booking, covering most popular travel destinations around the world. The company’s travel-related destination services include car rental, insurance, visa services, attraction tickets and ground transportation. Additionally, Ctrip’s Corporate Travel Management Business Unit helps corporate clients effectively manage their travel needs and significantly reduce travel expenses.
Ctrip is incorporated in the Cayman Islands and currently employs over 30,000 people at branches located in major cities in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Korea and Japan.