DE-STA-CO (ASIA) CO., LTD.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001361775
The Manufacturing Engineer for Destaco is responsible for developing, evaluating, and improving production and processing methods and controls in manufacturing to achieve operational excellence. He/she is responsible for recommending and implementing operational sequences, equipment utilization and tooling improvements and efficiencies regarding to ensure cost, quality and operational improvements. He/she will assist in establishing work measurement standards and play an active role in ensuring quality, safety, and lean manufacturing systems and processes (SMED, Kaizen, 5S).
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Operations Manager, Thailand. The position is located at the Bangkok, Thailand, and requires minimal travel (up to 10%). The position requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with engineering, materials, operations, and quality, and work and communicate across at various levels across the organization.
Key Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Promotes safety awareness with other members of the plant team. Promotes accident prevention and employee involvement in regard to a safe work environment.
- Supports and implements the continuous improvement roadmap for the materials team. Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive continued operational improvements and ensures engagement of the entire team through strong communication and clear direction.
- Develops manufacturing process using appropriate technology, innovations and also modern software e.g. ERP
- Assists in the evaluation and development of manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Complies with government regulations and managing environmental requirements.
- Assists setup personnel with process or tooling issues, recommending necessary fixtures and tooling used in manufacturing.
- Analyzes and solves process and tool-related problems, ensuring or increasing productivity.
- Makes recommendations to modify or replace equipment when necessary to support demand or improve productivity.
- Establishes and updates manufacturing standards (rates, BOM’s, etc.)
- Ensure integrity of prints, bills of material, setup sheets and routings.
- Works closely with procurement, materials, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices.
- Performs all work in a manner that ensures safety of self and others.
- Supports DE-STA-CO policies and procedures, including those governing the quality system as defined by ISO9001.
- Establish modern management tool to be best in class manufacturing thru Continuous Improvement e.g. DBOS deployment, 6 Sigma ETC.
- Minimum 3 year experience in manufacturing engineering or related field
- Experienced in implementing Lean tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build, train and lead a strong positive team environment
- Analyzes, solves and implements solutions independent
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Movie makers)
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD/CAM software (Solidworks, Mastercam) to link CNC programming
- Working knowledge of Blue Print interpretation and process deployment
- Can operate mechanical hand tool and basic machines (Milling, Drilling, Grinding, Welding ETC.)
- Can use Mechanical Inspection equipment ( Vernier, Micrometer, Profile, Hardness tester ETC)
- Working knowledge of mechanical manufacturing methods and control of tooling, jigs, fixtures and materials
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High sense of urgency, strong quality background, scientific mind-set and behave to do it right the first time
Education and Certification Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related field with experience in related industries
- Minimal travel up to 10%
The person we are looking for is outgoing, with a positive attitude and are willing to work hard and independently in order to reach agreed upon goals.
Further he/she should be well organized, with a good sense of planning and follow up as customer focus is vital for success.
If you have any questions for the positions above, please don't hesitate to contact our HR Manager,
Tel : 02-3260812-16 Ext 121
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to DE-STA-CO (ASIA) CO., LTD.
About DE-STA-CO (ASIA) CO., LTD.
Destaco is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and support of clamping, gripping and transferring solutions for workplace and flexible automation needs. A wide family of brands enables Destaco to provide market-leading productivity improvement and cost reduction manufacturing solutions for customers in a wide range of industries. Destaco brings 100 years of experience to a global marketplace, with approximately half of its sales outside the United States, and manufacturing locations in North & South America, Europe and Asia. Destaco is an operating company of Dover Corporation, a multi-billion dollar diversified global manufacturer headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. For nearly 60 years, Dover has focused on innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through its four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. The company is committed to being a leader in every market that we serve, with a focus on growth, talent and leadership to fulfill this mission.