Lower School Teaching Assistant
Harrow International School Bangkok
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001224542
The School is looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate with a passion for taking care of children. The candidate will work primarily with students in the classroom, supporting them with their learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with groups or individuals within the class in all curriculum areas, under the direction of the teacher
- Assist with learning activities across the Lower School/Upper School curriculum
- Develop children’s knowledge through support and encouragement in the learning activities undertaken
- Carry out additional duties such as tidying up classrooms and shared spaces
- Assist in preparing, mounting and removing wall displays
- Help plan, prepare and set out resources and programmes of work
- Accompany children on trips or expeditions
- Undertake the shared responsibility with the class teacher of children’s health and safety
- Attend staff meetings and professional development workshops
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required
- Assist the organisation with extra-curricular activities
- As detailed in the full job description
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience of working as a teaching assistant or relevant experience preferred
- Excellent spoken and written English
If you would like to apply: please write a supporting statement using NO MORE THAN 2,000 words outlining how you meet the qualifications and personal qualities and the attached job description.
On your supporting statement, you may find it useful to deal with each point in the person specification in turn, making sure you relate your experience and skills to each short-listing criterion. Wherever possible, please demonstrate any impact you have made.
Harrow International School Bangkok recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children. Candidates will be expected to comply with our School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Application submission deadline:: 10th November 2016 (early submission of applications are encouraged) Please complete the application form and submit it along with your CV and an introductory letter directly to Harrow Bangkok by clicking on "Apply Now"
Other vacancies at Harrow Bangkok and the online application form can be found at: http://www.harrowschool.ac.th/Vacancies.aspx#content
Address: 45 Soi Kosumruamchai 14, Sikun, Don Muang, Bangkok 10210
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Harrow International School Bangkok
About Harrow International School Bangkok
Operating in close association with Harrow School in London, the Harrow family of schools share the same mission, ethos and high standards. Set on a spacious, garden site in one of Asia’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow International School Bangkok is Harrow’s original school in Asia and is thriving, with a roll of 1,500, with innovative educational programmes, and a strong commitment to service and outstanding academic results.